The Whining and Bitching Thread

My ex and I are both athiests and we make fun of fundies all the time. There's also another athiest who likes me, but she's like twice my size and I'm just not into that, but we have some entertaining conversations.

So far I've only had a few people try to challenge me on being an Atheist, but so far I've been smarter than all of them, because evidentally my acquaintances and I are statistically representative.

Ozzman is being a faggot and not answering my PM re the classifieds thread.

Devasya Chāyā;8636649 said:
I tried to kill myself one time.
Not hard enough
You mean there are others out there besides SAO and Tara?
Neurotica, Charlie/Nuncheon, and theoretically Val. I guess Omni doesn't post here any more (hey, just realized that, awesome); from the picture Dodens posted she was attractive but way too much of a bitch.

To what statistics do you refer?
Presumably to the statistics indicating that atheists perform better on standardized intelligence tests.

I bet you if you did a survey of attitudes about that shit you'd find a strong correlation. Obviously correlation is not causation, blah blah blah, but I'm pretty sure that the average atheist will have more libertine views on sexuality than the average religiousity person.

I meant it didn't entail it as a normative position. Of course it's likely that the non-religious will generally be more laid back about such stuff.

Devasya Chāyā;8636636 said:
But I'm slowly gonna suck it out of her.

Surely that should be the other way round, AMIRITE?!

I was a closet atheist for a year and recently came out about the whole thing because I realized it was nothing to be ashamed of.

:erk: Please say that's a joke.

You people have to treat religion like fucking homosexuality or some shit? The only thing I've got from my parents is my mum saying she believes in ghosts, and my dad never saying anything. The only time I've been to church is for funerals.

I meant it didn't entail it as a normative position. Of course it's likely that the non-religious will generally be more laid back about such stuff.

I know a Christian girl, and she's basically a fucking nympho. Can't leave her and the BF alone for five minutes without them going at it.
Mind you, she ain't that christian. She only admitted she was christian after a few months of me and my mates making off hand god jokes all the time.

You people have to treat religion like fucking homosexuality or some shit?

My dad is a broadcasting engineer for a conservative Christian lobbyist organization, Focus on the Family. I go to school next to one of the six megachurches in the US, New Life, you know, the one Ted Haggard preaches for. Literally next door to it. I have to drive past pro-life activists about once a month on my drive home. I think that covers the reasons I feel the way I do about religion.

Tbh I have some sympathy for pro life activists sentiment since hearing about that case where an abortion clinic was being used by the owner to harvest fetus for eating.