The Whining and Bitching Thread

Nah, I'm getting rid of my computer soon. Apparently S.O. laws also include software installed for monitoring computer use. I'd rather not risk jail because I checked my friggin' email, ya know?

Using some hidden file method to transfer my ipod library into a new itunes on a new computer. Its taking really long and it makes my vagina hurt...

:lol: I was joking. I actually have a gargantuan uncircumcised penis.

Yeah, so I finish copying all the songs into itunes, finally figure I'm done and disconnect my ipod. Apparently, I didn't actually copy the songs into my comp, so they wont play on itunes. I'm gonna have to re-add them to itunes now. FUCK

So I realized today that I feel kind of embarrassed around my coworkers of a similar age, even though I know I shouldn't. The reason is that they're all (without exception) attending or planning on attending community colleges due to either poor academic records or lack of money or both, while I will be going off to what you could call an elite school. I know that being born into a family of ample means isn't something to be embarrassed about, and I know I shouldn't be embarrassed that I worked reasonably hard in school, but I kind of am. I also find myself being embarrassed that I'm smarter than these people, but I can say without arrogance that I am. The only person there who I can talk to without having to worry that something I say will fly right over their heads is one of my bosses (there's another boss who's reasonably bright but his English is terrible so I have to talk in monosyllables). In high school I thought most of my peers were of slightly-above-average intelligence, but clearly I was wrong...
This is kind of just a rant. I'm looking for you guys to be smart so I can feel more normal. But mostly I can't wait to go back to school and be surrounded by people who can understand my jokes.

I used to hang out with some kids from a private school and generally, I found they'd be absolutely bursting to find some reference to something that I wouldn't understand or something, or for me to momentarily slip up on some matter or other. I suppose when you get past all the pomp, all those schools do is make people hyper competitive about every pointless little thing.

WAIF if you're smart enough to go to McGill you're smarter than most people. That's just the way it is and your work ethic probably has a lot to do with it.

As for having more means than others, there's also no reason to feel guilty. Yeah you didn't do anything to get that money, but you also didn't choose to have wealthy parents. Just enjoy that you can go to an awesome school in Montreal, work hard, and don't be an asshole.

Upon reflection I've decided that the embarrassment is healthy, if unnecessary. It means I don't feel entitled to that stuff, which is good.

divinetorture seems pissed at me ever since I suggested that dealing heroin and getting in drunken fights at biker bars might not be the healthiest lifestyle, but dude I wasn't saying I'm better than these people, just better off.