The Whining and Bitching Thread

First try downloading the latest Winamp. If that doesn't work, download a different player, i.e. VLC. If still nothing, either the file or your video card might have problems.

That isn't a comprehensive solution of course, just some ideas.

Car payments are for chumps. Next car I buy, I'm paying the full amount up front
I can't imagine paying for it any other way. As soon as my student loans are payed off, all the money that I make from that point forward will be saved for a new car. Not a new-to-me used car, a NEW new car. Then I can finally go back to school without having to worry about making payments on everything else in my life.

Could also be a codec problem (maybe?)

I think this is likely. I would suggest (if Vihris' solutions do not work) to reboot your comp, run the motherboard's diagnostic stuff to make sure the video card is installed and working properly, then go under Device Manager once booted up to see if you have any red flags (or, yellow question marks as it were :p).

My online Philosophy teacher types out these lectures and talks about shit that he doesn't post, and it's all very vague. "I made a powerpoint, look through the slides." You didn't link to any powerpoints. Am I supposed to imagine the powerpoint?

Tuesday is invariably my least favorite weekday. The weather is dreary and I am exhausted because I always stay up too late and I am terribly hungry but lunch isn't for another hour and a half. WAHHHH etc

You don't have to worry about credit card interest if you pay off the damn thing every month

Exactly!

I've had a credit card for more than 12 years and have never paid any interest on anything.

I use my credit card for almost anything and I get 1% of the amount spent back. This option cost me 20$/year but I get back a lot more...

I have a 5000$ limit and I never put more on it than what I could afford if it was a debit card. The nice thing is that banks usually charge you for the amount of transactions that you make in a month...but I can make those transactions with my credit card and then transfer the money online which lowers the cost of my monthly transaction fees.

If used intelligently, a credit card is a great tool.

Sounds like a shitty bank to me.

Well I can't speak for your banks in American but they all do the same here. The only way to escape this is to have like 2000$ in your account that you never touch or to get a credit card.

Sorry, I forgot that American banks were a model to follow! :lol:

Well, if your bank is charging you per transaction then...yeah, it's doing something fucking wrong. I mean US banks might suck and the corporate branches of many of them have led to the state we're in, but at least they don't blatantly fuck with their members.

My car insurance kept charging me really small amounts (like twenty or thirty dollars every month). I just paid them because they weren't that large and I didn't want bad marks on my credit. When I got a bill for sixty dollars (it was the fourth one, I think) I finally called and asked why I was getting them. Apparently their office in Florida never notified their main branch that I'd received all my paperwork and insurance cards so they kept sending them to me and charging me for it. Fucking State Farm.

Well I can't speak for your banks in American but they all do the same here. The only way to escape this is to have like 2000$ in your account that you never touch or to get a credit card.

Sorry, I forgot that American banks were a model to follow! :lol:

Ah, you are from Canada. I worked for RBC's American branch (RBC Centura) for a little over a year (like 6 years ago now). RBC is a horrible bank, charged for everything.

American banks aren't in trouble for their deposit service practices, it is for their investment practices, or more specifically, investment and commercial being able to be under one roof.