The Whining and Bitching Thread

I used to have my eyebrow pierced. It got infected and looked gross. Now I stick with my earlobes and my little nose stud which only gets worn on the weekends.

Any kind of body modification I usually find intolerable. I couldn't sit with my ex when she got her tattoo. Call me a pussy if you so choose; but the thought of a needle rapidly puncturing the skin and flooding it with ink makes my scrotum clench.

Yeah I've never understood anyone's desire to get a tattoo or piercing.

Congratulations, you've just done long-term and possibly irreversible damage to your skin so you can look more 'unique'. Wasn't that worthwhile.

Oh, you did it to your face, neck or lower arm huh? Good thinking, now your job opportunities just dropped by like 75%. Hope you're never hard up for cash as you live up that edgy, bohemian lifestyle of yours.

SO EDGY OMG.

I like the way the yakuza guys around here do their tattoos. All easily covered by a shirt, and come with a free yubitsume (chopping off a finger)!

While I do think tattoos look hot on hot people and can be a turn-on, I'm not about to go covering myself in Horrorpops album art just so I can look like another Bettie Page wannabe chick from LA with pompadour bangs.

now your job opportunities just dropped by like 75%. Hope you're never hard up for cash as you live up that edgy, bohemian lifestyle of yours.

I have almost half my body tattoo'd and it hasnt threatened my job opportunities at all. In the past decade, I think tattoos have come a long way in terms of being accepted, not only in the work enviornment but just in general. In another ten years, I dont think it will matter at all how tattoo'd someone is, so long as they are qualified for the job.

Yeah, those are the people who go to yakuza-only bathhouses, because they are yakuza tattoos reserved for yakuzas and non-Japanese Japanophiles.

What is wrong with you people? Most people don't get tattoos just to get them, they usually hold some sort of symbolic or sentimental value, along with being masterpieces of artwork. For example:

I only have one (technically two) running vertically on both of my triceps. The left one says One Shot and the right says One Kill. It's a very common Marine Corps motto that I had tattooed to remind me of my time in the Corps and the numerous people I shot and/or blew up. Also, I designed it after Dying Fetus' logo, so it has a pretty metal looking text, which is also has some meaning to me because I like metal. The funny part is, Dying Fetus has a song called One Shot, One Kill so it made it even more appropriate.

I assume you guys think that's stupid too huh?

Any kind of body modification I usually find intolerable. I couldn't sit with my ex when she got her tattoo. Call me a pussy if you so choose; but the thought of a needle rapidly puncturing the skin and flooding it with ink makes my scrotum clench.

With tattoos, I was one and done. I can't think of any other one I'd want beside my SPQR Roman Eagle on my left shoulder. My girlfriend has multiple ear piercings and wants more, but they're not for me.