The Whining and Bitching Thread

Lol, I just got suspended on that shitty MTG board for telling a troll that what he posted was "utter idiocy".

6. Satyricon- K.I.N.G. This song is unbelievably basic and yet still catchy and dark. The lyrics are Satan based just like every other Norwegian Black Metal band in existence but yet they are still pretty vivid in describing the KING! Not really a Norwegian Black Metal fan but this song proves that not all hope is lost for the genre.

I believe the word he's looking for is satanic.

tbh I enjoy KING more than anything I've heard from their early stuff. Haven't heard Nemesis Divina, though. What I've heard from their first two sounds like incredibly bland and dull BM, whereas the newer blacknroll stuff is pretty damn catchy.

I don't even think K.I.N.G. is a bad song... it's just not the "savior of black metal"... or even black metal at all, like this dude claims it to be. The dude posts at every opportunity that any BM that's not "psuedo-BM-for-people-who-don't-like-BM" (later Dimmu, later Satyricon, later COF) is utter shite... and whenever anyone tells him he's a crock of shit, he pulls a "I've been in the metal scene for 9000 years, I have one of the guys from Amon Amarth's phone number, I know what metal is all about, blahblah".

So basically, just a shit poster.

But meh. Tbh I actually like early Satyricon quite a bit. It's not monumental, but it's definitely not bland and dull IMO.

I would probably put Satyricon in my top 5 favourite black metal bands of all-time. To an extent I think they are underrated despite being well-liked but at the very least, deserving of more credit than they're usually given.

I think Satyricon's first five albums are excellent. The last two are o-k.

Volcano was stripped down but had a nice mood/atmosphere, and what makes the album in my opinion is all of the little things. The last two albums were just really stripped down and rock-ish which doesn't capture my attention much. Maybe those songs are better live?

I'm not sure I have a favourite but I think the criminally underrated Rebel Extravaganza features the band at their very best. There's more substance on this album than any other and probably more on the first track alone than either of their last couple albums. I don't understand why so many people had a problem with this one.

And of course, Satyricon's earlier albums are classic and some of the best the genre has to offer. "The Dawn of a New Age" might be my favourite Satyricon song but I'm not sure.

I whole heartedly agree on Rebel Extravaganza.I used to love cranking that album after blasting myself with chemicals,a few years ago.It certainly is underrated.Try listening to 'Supersonic Journey' or the fucking godly 'The Scorn Torrent' when high as a kite on chemicals...fucking awesome!

Now I know why I shouldn't have family on facebook... my father is at my aunt's shovelling snow right now. I just got a message from my aunt where I got accused of "smashing the windows out of your father's truck last night". No, it wasn't me you wench. We live in fucking Jasper, it was probably one of the little shits who live in the trailer park nearby.

I don't know whether or not to be more disgruntled with my father for telling my aunt unfounded, half-baked blame stories, or my aunt for being an insufferable old hag.

All of my hate.