The Whining and Bitching Thread

I need to pull myself out of this hole that I've dug myself in after the break up. Insomnia, binge drinking, chain smoking, short tempers and only eating one meal a day. I sleep at 4 or 5 am every night and only for 4 hours. Blargh. I've lost 4kg since the break up from the lack of eating. This shit isn't healthy.

That sounds like clinical depression. A break up shouldn't be doing that to you, unless maybe it happened only a couple weeks ago or something. Don't get too used to that drinking. I was depressed for a while and developed a pretty bad drinking habit to the point where the therapist I was seeing told me I was on the fast track to becoming an alcoholic. You'll probably be fine, though. At some point you'll just enjoy being on your own. You have to, otherwise you won't be able to get anything done.

@Cronopia,sorry dude,you're a bloody top bloke but I hate it when old fatso's like me and you try and cover it up with cool sunny's and head gear.Sorry to say bud but you look like a degenerate even with all the cool head gear.

That sounds like clinical depression. A break up shouldn't be doing that to you, unless maybe it happened only a couple weeks ago or something. Don't get too used to that drinking. I was depressed for a while and developed a pretty bad drinking habit to the point where the therapist I was seeing told me I was on the fast track to becoming an alcoholic. You'll probably be fine, though. At some point you'll just enjoy being on your own. You have to, otherwise you won't be able to get anything done.

It's been about 5 weeks or so now, so I think I'll be fine. I've broken up before and I've been in longer relationships, but for some reason this one seems to have affected me alot harder. I've decided to pursue other goals and keep myself busy.

I'm going to try to quit smoking and even if quitting doesn't go too well, dropping by a notch will definitely help. Especially if I want to get as fit as I was. Also going to try learn some flamenco and improve my jazz guitar playing. There's also the uni factor where I'm going to do my assignments in time and study more often.

The hardest part is going to be having to deal with my ex when I go to uni... But that can't be helped.

not that this is of any help, but seriously, this is why I do not date classmates or co-workers.

You've got to keep your worlds apart

I need to pull myself out of this hole that I've dug myself in after the break up. Insomnia, binge drinking, chain smoking, short tempers and only eating one meal a day. I sleep at 4 or 5 am every night and only for 4 hours. Blargh. I've lost 4kg since the break up from the lack of eating. This shit isn't healthy.

It's not, and you can beat it. Unsolicited 2 cents is don't try to kick all the vices at once, work on them one at a time. Definitely cut back on/stop drinking first. Alcoholism is pretty hideous.

My whining and bitching today: It seems that last Friday i had an English exam and i was totally unaware of it, because i wasn't attending class lately. So, i was absent on that day. Now i have to convince my teacher that i was sick and let her reschedule a make-up exam.

For Episteme:

37253006.jpg