The Whining and Bitching Thread

I am ashamed of my "friends" from the part of Iowa I'm from. One of my buddies has become an out of control and violent alcoholic and a week ago beat the shit out of his girlfriend. Apparently this has been going on for a while, but last week was quite severe, requiring her to receive medical treatment. he even stole her car and more or less kidnapped their daughter that night. Somehow, mostly thanks to the fact that she was blackout drunk when this happened and his brother gave favorable statements to the police, he got off scott free. Fast forward to last night, and somehow he made up with her and talked her into going to a party with him and another buddy of mine. Apparently, he got drunk and belligerent again, and after threatening to beat and rape her, my other friend stepped in and beat the holy hell out of him. Severely. Apparently he went to the emergency room with several broken bones (including the face and skull). While I feel that the motherfucker deserved to be put in his place for beating on women, I'm worried for my other friend's freedom. I am now reminded why I moved away from there; too much redneck drama.

Yeah sounds like they all have a severe shortage of common sense, regardless of who 'deserves' what.

My crusty old hifi amp that is hooked up to my computer has finally stopped producing sound. This is highly annoying as I now need to find another suitably crusty old hifi amp with my no money, and so far I'm having little success. I now have a temporary set of usb computer speakers hooked up and everything sounds like a large piece of sheetmetal being dragged along asphalt.

So, no offense to anyone, but I find that "Album Project" thread really annoying. It's always there, right near the top in the General Metal Discussion, and it's the same people who keep bumping it up there. Is it really that interesting or going anywhere? It just seems to keep getting longer. I mean, 1000 greatest/favorite albums? I personally don't care.

That's my bitch. :cool:

My crusty old hifi amp that is hooked up to my computer has finally stopped producing sound. This is highly annoying as I now need to find another suitably crusty old hifi amp with my no money, and so far I'm having little success. I now have a temporary set of usb computer speakers hooked up and everything sounds like a large piece of sheetmetal being dragged along asphalt.

So weird. Just as I had another amp lined up on ebay, I had one last play around with crusty old amp and lo and behold it decides to start working again. It's like it felt the end coming and re-powerised its components.

So ya, this weekend was something else. I spent a good 30+ hours at the shop getting my car prepped and painted (since I finally have the fucker back) and it's still not even done. So far we have the doors, front bumper, both fenders, door handles, cowl panel, and lower front lip painted. We still have the hood, hatch, rear bumper, and body to paint. It's a shit load of work to do an all over paint job, and at times I was really, reeeeaaalllly regreting the idea of doing it. That is until my brother started painting shit and I nearly nut myself because that color is just amazing.

The only bad things to have happened thus far (it was inevitable something was going to go wrong) was my sideskirts and rear bumper lower lip didn't fit. The sideskirts are made of ABS plastic and are just a smidge too short and don't fit properly, although we could make them fit if we had to. And the rear bumper lip, which is made of polyurethane was deformed from the way the guy shipped it to me. He had it rolled up like a burrito in the box which caused the corner edges to get bent out of shape. Generally urethane has really good memory, and I've tried everything to reshape the corners of that thing but it just won't work. So I had to get ahold of the guy I bought it from and requested a refund. And lastly, the brackets my foglights came with didn't fit either. In order to make them fit I'd have to cut up my bumper and I'm not about to do that.

Aside from that, the car should be completely painted by tomorrow. And the finishing touch, a little wetsand and buff action. Awwww yeaaaahhh

And here it is, nearly done!

e34a4336dc51552be0de225c7a6401d0.jpg