The Whining and Bitching Thread

Got kicked out of my band. This is the second time I've been more or less spontaneously ejected for vague reasons. Normally I'd assume it's because I'm a shitty person, but we seemed to get along really well and actually seemed to be getting somewhere...I'm honestly pretty fucking disappointed because I was pretty excited for that band. At this point it's getting really hard to keep going musically, given that I've been playing in bands for 5-6 years and never gotten beyond the sloppy rehearsal demo stage despite really throwing myself into every project. The thing is, music is my life and if I give up on that it doesn't really leave much, so...this is a real blow. I'm honestly at the point where I'm considering taking up bass.

Fucking shit I had some sort of seizure today. I felt sick as shit and both my hands started to tingle and then they become stiff and I was unable to move them for like 5 minutes. I thought I would collapse because in the peak moment my heart started to give pain it was like a fucking heart attack. I was on the ground unable to move my numb hands. There's now a bruise on my right hand too. It had to appear after that.... thing.

EDIT: Never even knew this could happen.

Got kicked out of my band. This is the second time I've been more or less spontaneously ejected for vague reasons. Normally I'd assume it's because I'm a shitty person, but we seemed to get along really well and actually seemed to be getting somewhere...I'm honestly pretty fucking disappointed because I was pretty excited for that band. At this point it's getting really hard to keep going musically, given that I've been playing in bands for 5-6 years and never gotten beyond the sloppy rehearsal demo stage despite really throwing myself into every project. The thing is, music is my life and if I give up on that it doesn't really leave much, so...this is a real blow. I'm honestly at the point where I'm considering taking up bass.

my advice would be to just totally skip the whole "getting an albulm made/signing a record deal" thing

and just go with just getting yourself the kind of "local gigs" where the venue (read: bar/nightclub) is paying the band directly instead of paying the "band's management"

hope this helps

Fucking shit I had some sort of seizure today. I felt sick as shit and both my hands started to tingle and then they become stiff and I was unable to move them for like 5 minutes. I thought I would collapse because in the peak moment my heart started to give pain it was like a fucking heart attack. I was on the ground unable to move my numb hands. There's now a bruise on my right hand too. It had to appear after that.... thing.

EDIT: Never even knew this could happen.

Sounds like you got AIDS bro

Sounds like you got AIDS bro

It shouldn't be AIDS. My friend that studies medicine thought about it and it should be nothing serious. I remembered I was moving some heavy furniture two days back and my hands were already weaker after that. Plus it was hot as shit and I had a hangover.

AIDS is rare in Prague despite the slutty behaviour of some of the people there and the wandering foreigners.

MOnoxide Child

That wasnt you I saw on Cheaters last night was it? Some girl from the rich part of Dallas cheated on her husband with a homeless guy who was living by a dumpster by a Carls Jr. She left her husband for a homeless guy, and she had a BMW and nice condo and everything.

You make playing bass sound like such a step down. If you go at it with that attitude, you'll be one of those lousy, half-assed players that gives the instrument a bad name. Maybe you should take lessons or work on a solo project.

I was joking. I'm actually planning on getting a bass as soon as I can afford it, because bass is really fucking fun, but I still love making cracks about it.

Bass is awesome. I'm okay, I can play pretty well by ear. I don't know what any of the notes are on it though lol.

Sister passed certification so she'll be a clinical lab scientist soon, so we're planning a vacation next summer to England. Aka, I just took on more shifts at my job to save up, and I'm still not asleep even though I have to be at work super early tomorrow. Why didn't I study science in college?

Am being kept awake by stupid internet and stupid netflix.

I was joking. I'm actually planning on getting a bass as soon as I can afford it, because bass is really fucking fun, but I still love making cracks about it.

It's definitely a very kinetic instrument with loads of room for individuation. Let me know if you need any pointers.

Also, sorry to hear about your band, dude. I just got past the demo phase for the first time with a band and can say that releasing this album left me feeling incredibly accomplished - I hope you can reach that point with a project in the near future. It took us about 2 years, all things considered, but that was with serious lineup changes, loads of conceptualization, and a deeply involved and democratic writing process. If you're the type to crank out 3 songs by yourself on Guitar Pro and unload them on your bandmates, you might get to that point much quicker than we did.

I can and do write a ton of material on my own, some of which is honestly pretty solid, but the problem is finding a group of people with the ability, the passion, and the free time. I've considered doing a solo project/online collaboration and will work on something along those lines until I can find people to play with, but it's nowhere near as satisfying as actually playing with a band.

MOnoxide Child

That wasnt you I saw on Cheaters last night was it? Some girl from the rich part of Dallas cheated on her husband with a homeless guy who was living by a dumpster by a Carls Jr. She left her husband for a homeless guy, and she had a BMW and nice condo and everything.

post a video of this

it wasn't me, but it might be people that know me