The Whining and Bitching Thread

I'm not against drug use and favor legalization, but people that use them regularly are generally really shitty people. It runs in the family so I have a lot of first hand experience with people who let drugs and alcohol take over their lives.

I think that you're right about how they're generally shitty people, but I think they're shitty because of how drugs have been treated in this country for nearly a century. Mind-altering substances have been used all over the world for spiritual purposes, without any bad culture behind them. If you make a high-demand industry illegal, you've got a magnet for criminals who want money. Even in the nonviolent areas, expecting people not to rip you off is really stupid.

Mathiäs;10742648 said:
I'm not against drug use and favor legalization, but people that use them regularly are generally really shitty people. It runs in the family so I have a lot of first hand experience with people who let drugs and alcohol take over their lives.

Well I think it depends on the drug TBH and also what you mean by using regularly.

Weed really depends on the individual. I know some people who had major issues (i.e. anxiety or rage) that were amended via weed. For other people it makes them lazy and unmotivated. It just depends on the individual.

Stuff like coke, meth, etc. are basically always bad and if you're using them on a regular basis, it's basically a lock that you're going to become a shitty person or at the very least have the shitty dimensions of your personality come to the forefront.

Kramp pretty much has it down. Cocaine was a main reason I moved away from NYC. I was doing it almost every day, especially for work.

That's why PP left NYC too! He actually got really fat doing lots of it because he would comfort eat on comedown days.

I don't actually understand why anyone does blow. Meth is cheaper and makes you feel good for HOURS AND HOURS, and there are loads of ADHD drugs around.

I also totally get what Mathias is saying. I love drugs but I have a lot of rules about usage and generally hate being around "drug people."

But in general, I think it's disgusting what that drug does to people. After a few snorts everyone starts to look like flies anxiously waiting their turn to climb onto a giant pile of shit. It brings out the worst in people: greed, uncontrolled desire, impulsiveness, inauthenticity and superficiality.

yeah. a few of my students have admitted to prior drug use (specifically things like coke), and I would hate to see them in a foul mood on coke. some of them are already loose cannons

I hate this expression but "I've heard" that it's common among meth addicts to walk along the highway looking to drink from discarded urine bottles of truck drivers who use meth to stay awake. That's the darkest thing I've ever heard.

That's definitely hearsay. Not saying it's never happened, but to say it's common is crazy. Even Krokodil fiends don't fuck around like that.

The electric company said there was going to be an outage at 11, but it's past 12 and there hasn't been one yet. I fucking turned off all my shit and wasted an hour for nothing.

Someone just threatened to shoot my dog. :( if I end up on the id discovery channel, you'll know why.

Need to get a camera though. The cops said that if we caught the old bitch threatening him on camera he would've arrested her because he has a big dog too.

Agreed, cocaine is a big waste.

On a whining and bitching note, damn gutters are clogged with sticks. You'd think it was spring with all these tornadoes that just plowed through Illinois a few hours ago. Luckily not too much destruction in Chicagoland but the Peoria area got hit hard. I remember seeing that some UMers are from that area, so hopefully they are still alive.

yeah. a few of my students have admitted to prior drug use (specifically things like coke), and I would hate to see them in a foul mood on coke. some of them are already loose cannons

I didn't realize you teach. What do you teach?

Someone just threatened to shoot my dog. :( if I end up on the id discovery channel, you'll know why.

Need to get a camera though. The cops said that if we caught the old bitch threatening him on camera he would've arrested her because he has a big dog too.

WTF did she threaten your dog for?

I leave to head back to Shit Falls today. Shit sucks. Not only that but I am instrumentless once again, my acoustic guitar bit the dust.

Teaching is fun insofar as I give a flying fuck about the subject matter. Teaching Latin and Greek last year was a blast. Teaching Rhetoric this year, on the other hand, has been utter hell.