The Whining and Bitching Thread

WTF did she threaten your dog for?

My dog was barking at her and her friend's dog because for some reason they were standing by my gate talking. I guess they felt threatened. They rang my doorbell and told me to put him inside because he was being aggressive (it's a private house I live in, so this is totally out of line and freaking asinine!). They started arguing with me, so I told them no and that they are trespassing and need to leave. And so that's when the lady said she'd shoot him next time she sees him. I then told her i'd shoot her if she shot my dog. & told her friend (who had the little dog) that if she would shoot my dog, she'd shoot her dog as well. Her friend kind of walked away after that, which lead me to believe that she knew they were out of line.

I put him back inside after the cops came though, just to be on the safe side/

Mathiäs;10746007 said:
It's hard for me when applying them to advanced economic concepts; 15+ step word problems, etc. I always forget something or make a small error that fucks everything up, no matter how hard I try to prepare. It doesn't help that the lectures aren't good and I have to teach myself everything backwards.

I'm not a "math person", purely because I dislike the tediousness of the subject. I've been fortunate since going back to academia to have excellent teachers in my Algebra and now Bus. Stats class.

That said, I aced Algebra in large part to learning how to work backwards off my TI-83, and Stats is as much logic and reading comprehension as calculator manipulation. But - I don't have 15 step word problems. Small errors in math in my experience are primarily due to boredom or just simple keypunch errors.

I've barely slept in the past four days. I started hallucinating a little bit and my trains of thought have become less organized, shorter, and more disconnected. I oddly have a lot of energy, though.

I didn't do this by choice. I've been smoking so much indica-dominant weed that I've depended on it for sleep. Oddly, enough, today my thoughts gained some kind of quickness and clarity somewhat reminiscent of acid trips, except not nearly as strong or consistent. However, I'm definitely fucking sleeping tonight because I'm scared I might die or something if this continues.

But yeah, after being eighteen and embracing the fact that I could control my bedtime, I found staying up all night overrated. I think it's cool when I'm doing something fun, but not cool merely for its own sake.

Dear parents and pregnant women: if you have a Facebook please create a private group for your family where you can post all the pictures of your alien-infants and swollen bellies. The rest of your friends don't want to see that crap. It's gross. Pregnant bellies are disturbing and newborn babies are almost always ugly. At least wait til your kids are actually cute to flood the internet with pictures of them.

Lol. Spot-on about newborns. Always ugly.

Tired and willing myself to get ready for a gig before work. It's a charity gig, and I'm not sure why I said yes because I really just want to sleep for another two hours before work.

Of course newborns are ugly. They just came out of a very strange place without any air in it.

So this recruiter at the staffing agency I'm contracting through dumped 15 pages of new hire documents on me yesterday, immediately took a long lunch and subsequently went home sick, emailed me late at night saying that she'd call me today, and then called in sick this morning.

She's Bogarting this whole process, and preventing me from starting my new position in a timely manner. Some people's kids.

My bud told me at 3 he would be online and would tell me whether or not he was available to chill. It is nearly 4 now, and he is not online yet. Fucking annoyed.