The Whining and Bitching Thread

I found this conspiracy that companies put in chips so that the device will stop working after the company puts out something else. Like if Apple put out a new ipod.

I found this conspiracy that companies put in chips so that the device will stop working after the company puts out something else. Like if Apple put out a new ipod.

That is almost completely bullshit. I believe that rumor was sparked by public realization that most home-use printers are designed to die after printing a manufacturer set number of pages. Rather than purely monetary interests, there is reasoning and logic behind doing this.

Most companies don't make products last as long as they could. I saw on the internet somewhere how you could make an i-pod last for years. What I heard apple does is give i-pods crappy batteries on purpose. So that they break after the warranty and about the time there is a new one.

Most companies don't make products last as long as they could. I saw on the internet somewhere how you could make an i-pod last for years. What I heard apple does is give i-pods crappy batteries on purpose. So that they break after the warranty and about the time there is a new one.

The iPod battery conspiracy theory is also a completely bullshit speculative rumor that holds no water.

That is almost completely bullshit. I believe that rumor was sparked by public realization that most home-use printers are designed to die after printing a manufacturer set number of pages. Rather than purely monetary interests, there is reasoning and logic behind doing this.

What is the reasoning behind that?

What is the reasoning behind that?

I believe it had something to do with the mechanical parts within residential use printers. They're designed to be affordable, so from a manufacturing standpoint less than top quality parts must be used to allow the masses to afford the product. After a certain number of prints the parts wear out and become unstable which can result in any number of different issues. It isn't desirable to risk allowing printers to cause physical damage by leaking fluids. More so than that, the companies can't deal with floods of printers being sent back to them for repairs. It's because of these things that it was found most desirable to essentially just put an expiration date on cheap printers.

On the subject of lithium ion and lithium polymer batteries- their lifespan can vary greatly depending on exactly how you use them. The biggest factors in this are how much you deplete the battery before charging it and the temperatures that you routinely expose the battery to.

The ipod shit is probably because they're the kind of people that go
"U SEES? I GOT AN IPOD"
"You can stop shouting"
"NO I CANT BECAUSE I GO EVERYWHERE WITH ONE EARPHONE IN SO I CAN'T HEAR. THE ONYL WAY 2 LISTEN TO MY IPOD IS 24/7."
"You're gay"
"WHHHHAT?"

I always use a middle-range pair of Sony in-ear buds (forget the model number) with neodymium magnets. They're the kind that actually extend into your ears a little bit. I've always liked them because of the above average sound quality, the noise canceling as a result of blocking off your ear canal, and the small size which allows me to wrap the chord around my mp3 player and store them comfortably in my pocket. They last quite a while too, and cost about $50-$70 depending on the retailer.

This. Except mine cost nearly £75, and have lasted me a good couple of years, and they sound SO fucking great.

The ipod shit is probably because they're the kind of people that go
"U SEES? I GOT AN IPOD"
"You can stop shouting"
"NO I CANT BECAUSE I GO EVERYWHERE WITH ONE EARPHONE IN SO I CAN'T HEAR. THE ONYL WAY 2 LISTEN TO MY IPOD IS 24/7."
"You're gay"
"WHHHHAT?"

I own an iPod and I don't act like that. If I have to deal with people I keep my iPod turned down really low (and wear one earphone), and if I can't hear them I pause it and pull the earphone out.

I hate hate hate hate HATE my job. Goddamnit! We got this new assistant manager who is the fucking Hitler of the tire business. This guy lectured me twice today about how I've been there so long and how I have to become more of a leader and get trained on all this other shit and I'm just like "yeah" but in my mind I'm thinking "I DON'T FUCKING GIVE A SHIT! I AM LEAVING THIS SHITHOLE IN A MONTH. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" And then we had this faggot from another one of our stores working over here and helping out today and he is a total fucking douche and he wears fucking gay looking sunglasses. This guy is just bitching at me all day. I don't need this shit. I'm sorry buddy, but I ain't making this shit job my career unlike you, you mediocre fuck so quit fucking bitching at me. I am way too fucking intelligent and talented for this stupid peasant's job. I'm going to tough it out and make my cash and then I'm fucking out of there and I will fucking spit in all their goddamn faces on my last day. Fuck these people.

I'm making a dinner reservation for Father's Day with my family. We're making it at the estate I work at. Going to love the irony of my boss working for me.