The Whining and Bitching Thread

Possible. Explosive Krig followed soon after.

And I've had gallbladder troubles in the past, didn't resemble those at all or where they said the pain would be if it was my appendix.

That makes no sense. You can't know that there will always be one unless you know all, in which case there is no "outside." You can say that there has always been one, but you can't say there always will be one anymore than you can say there won't be one. It's currently an unknown.

Precisely part of my point.

No one said anything about arguing with Vimana. Who wants a piece? Eh? Eh? C'mon, I'll give you all something to bitch and whine about.

What's up with all the fancy word-slinging intellectuals constantly tongue fucking Ayn Rand's beef curtains on online forums?

Unfortunately too many teens read Atlas Shrugged, declare it the greatest thing ever, and then apparently stop reading. Unfortunate because shes probably the worst libertarianesque apologist ever.

She makes the opposite point she means to make in that book. I find it hilarious. Supposedly selfishness is the drive of human progress, when the "selfish" characters are the ones who pour their lives into doing things useful for others, like inventing a metal stronger and lighter than steel that lasts longer, or building railroad infrastructure, or inventing a motor that runs itself indefinitely. If they were so selfish, they could just build weapons and use them to enslave the human race.

And then the evil, "selfless" government figures are the actual selfish ones. They use communist ideals to cheat people out of the fruits of their labors while preaching about giving.

What's up with all the fancy word-slinging intellectuals constantly tongue fucking Ayn Rand's beef curtains on online forums?

Dude's da bee's knees, but he needs to write more.

he's coming out with a new short collection like around June...it's only a couple of new pieces of fiction but better than nothing :kickass:

She makes the opposite point she means to make in that book. I find it hilarious. Supposedly selfishness is the drive of human progress, when the "selfish" characters are the ones who pour their lives into doing things useful for others, like inventing a metal stronger and lighter than steel that lasts longer, or building railroad infrastructure, or inventing a motor that runs itself indefinitely. If they were so selfish, they could just build weapons and use them to enslave the human race.

And then the evil, "selfless" government figures are the actual selfish ones. They use communist ideals to cheat people out of the fruits of their labors while preaching about giving.

Um, that is the point she means to make.

some non-metal murder music

saw this phrase^^ and immediately thought "psychopathic records"

Next time someone offends you calm down, have and glass of water and get a life.

:lol:

this^^ is funny to me because out of all of the people that know me face-2-face, i'm the only one that even knows who the fucking-hell Ayn Rand even is...before anyone else says it, yeah, i know my face-2-face freinds are fucking retards :lol:

Unfortunately too many teens read Atlas Shrugged, declare it the greatest thing ever, and then apparently stop reading. Unfortunate because shes probably the worst libertarianesque apologist ever.

Um, that is the point she means to make.

How is that selfish? The "selfish" characters hardly think about themselves. They think a lot more about the things they're doing and how useful they are to others. The real selfish characters are the ones that preach selflessness and use it to take from people while giving them nothing in return. What am I missing?

The businessmen are popularly considered as selfish because they keep the profits. The Actual selfish people are the politicians and demagogues.

The point of the book was to show that popular perception in regards to the "public" and "private" spheres is incorrect.

The businessmen are popularly considered as selfish because they keep the profits. The Actual selfish people are the politicians and demagogues.

I got all that. But if the villains are selfish and the ones who create progress do it in selfless ways (inventions that benefit everyone), how is that sending the message that selfishness is the drive of human progress?

The point of the book was to show that popular perception in regards to the "public" and "private" spheres is incorrect.

What was this popular perception and why was it incorrect?

You don't need to use three threads to complain about it.

sorry about that

i'm just really fucking stressed out over the following things

-money problems

-my female chef's boyfriend chalenging me to a fist-fight in the apts courtyard this morning (in front of all the neighbors) which was really freaking weird because he didn't really have a reason to be pissed off at me because he has no idea that i'm fingering his girlfriend

-my girlfriend's other boyfriend dissapeared for a few days

-my other male roommate just got arrested on a felony

-my female chef trying to get her kids back is stressing me out because i know she would be a horrible parent

-my girlfriend's brother is totally gay, ex-millitary, and looking down his nose at all straight/civilian people, also he was already in-and-out of the service before Desert Storm happened and he's treating everyone younger than himself like we're all todlers (i'm already 30, therefore i feel like i'm old enough to have everyone around me treat me like i'm a goddammed adult)

-my chef's boyfriend being a jack-ass is prettymuch a non-stop ongoing thing

-all of the above mentioned people are planing on moving to Colorado together soon, (and take me with them) which is freaking me out because i don't move around that much, i'm already 30 and i've spent my entire fucking life living in the DFW metroplex

-back in September i was eating out a woman that was refusing to touch my dick, and just half-an-hour ago this woman asked me to buy her a phone and a carton of cigarettes

-also i took too many nasal pills mixed with coffee and had a bad reaction (at 4 AM today)

-my sleeping schedule is fucked off right now (i was awake at 4 Am today)

so
with all this going on
i'm really fucking stressed out and ADD
and i ended up bitching about a single problem in 3 different threads

A myopic viewpoint, but I can concede that someone thinks this way. I would also feel very sorry for them.

Again, the question wasn't whether or not some people think this way or not. It was whether no suffering via nonexistence was better than some suffering and joy via existence, but as usual you just turn the conversation the way you want it to go, play a semantics game and change the subject randomly.

Ah well your condescension as usual is fitting. It's somehow fair though as I think it goes both ways. I mean I wouldn't hesitate to say that some people might see your perspective in the same way, perhaps some on this forum.

I got all that. But if the villains are selfish and the ones who create progress do it in selfless ways (inventions that benefit everyone), how is that sending the message that selfishness is the drive of human progress?

What was this popular perception and why was it incorrect?

That business CEOs etc are greedy bastards and that bureaucrats, politicians, nonprofit CEOs/workers, "community and civic leaders" are selfless givers.

I wouldn't say business CEOs can't be greedy bastards, but it's not by virtue of their job. Conversely, the nature of the occupation makes the other group selfish.

Again, the question wasn't whether or not some people think this way or not. It was whether no suffering via nonexistence was better than some suffering and joy via existence, but as usual you just turn the conversation the way you want it to go, play a semantics game and change the subject randomly.

Ah well the condescension as usual is fitting. It's somehow fair though as I think it goes both ways. I mean I wouldn't hesitate to say that some people might see your perspective in the same way, perhaps some on this forum.

The difference would be I wouldn't try to "help them to death".

Everyone turns conversations in different directions. That's like attacking someone for "believing they are right about everything". Everyone believes they are right about everything at any given time - otherwise they'd believe differently.