The Whining and Bitching Thread

Just had the most fucking horrible annoying day at work and then on the way home I slid on tram tracks in the rain and rear ended a woman who proceeded to rear end the car in front of her who proceeded to rear end the car in front of him. Just got my van back from the mechanic on Monday after spending nearly 4K fixing it and now the front end is a mess. Hopefully my work van insurance is all in order or I'm utterly royally screwed. These are the bad times.

As far as that one person goes, whether they take out everyone or just themselves, it's all the same to them. So, just bite the barrel.

Yeah, I hear ya. As long as their world ends that's all that matters but that's not really what I'm talking about.

Here's a quote from this dude Ligotti I've been reading thanks to True Detective writer Nic Pizzolatto that might help explain what I mean...

“Also worthy of mention is a clique among the suicidal for whom the meaning of their act is a darker thing. Frustrated as perpetrators of an all-inclusive extermination, they would kill themselves only because killing it all is closed off to them. They hate having been delivered into a world only to be told, by and by, “This way to the abattoir, Ladies and Gentlemen.” They despise the conspiracy of Lies for Life almost as much as they despise themselves for being a party to it. If they could unmake the world by pushing a button, they would do so without a second thought. There is no satisfaction in a lonesome suicide. The phenomenon of “suicide euphoria” aside, there is only fear, bitterness, or depression beforehand, then the troublesomeness of the method, and nothingness afterward. But to push that button, to depopulate this earth and arrest its rotation as well—what satisfaction, as of a job prettily done. This would be for the good of all, for even those who know nothing about the conspiracy against the human race are among its injured parties.”

― Thomas Ligotti

Some serious projection and delusion going on there, and not because of suicidal ideations. Suicidal ideations are a normal response pattern to certain stimuli. Projecting that need onto everyone is problematic.

Believe it or not I see that perspective also.

but let me throw one more at ya - I extend this idea to all beings capable of suffering, not just humans.

“Perhaps the greatest strike against philosophical pessimism is that its only theme is human suffering. This is the last item on the list of our species’ obsessions and detracts from everything that matters to us, such as the Good, the Beautiful, and a Sparking Clean Toilet Bowl. For the pessimist, everything considered in isolation from human suffering or any cognition that does not have as its motive the origins, nature, and elimination of human suffering is at base recreational, whether it takes the form of conceptual probing or physical action in the world—for example, delving into game theory or traveling in outer space, respectively. And by “human suffering,” the pessimist is not thinking of particular sufferings and their relief, but of suffering itself. Remedies may be discovered for certain diseases and sociopolitical barbarities may be amended. But those are only stopgaps. Human suffering will remain insoluble as long as human beings exist. The one truly effective solution for suffering is that spoken of in Zapffe’s “Last Messiah.” It may not be a welcome solution for a stopgap world, but it would forever put an end to suffering, should we ever care to do so. The pessimist’s credo, or one of them, is that nonexistence never hurt anyone and existence hurts everyone. Although our selves may be illusory creations of consciousness, our pain is nonetheless real.”

Believe it or not I see that perspective also.

but let me throw one more at ya - I extend this idea to all beings capable of suffering, not just humans.

“Perhaps the greatest strike against philosophical pessimism is that its only theme is human suffering. This is the last item on the list of our species’ obsessions and detracts from everything that matters to us, such as the Good, the Beautiful, and a Sparking Clean Toilet Bowl. For the pessimist, everything considered in isolation from human suffering or any cognition that does not have as its motive the origins, nature, and elimination of human suffering is at base recreational, whether it takes the form of conceptual probing or physical action in the world—for example, delving into game theory or traveling in outer space, respectively. And by “human suffering,” the pessimist is not thinking of particular sufferings and their relief, but of suffering itself. Remedies may be discovered for certain diseases and sociopolitical barbarities may be amended. But those are only stopgaps. Human suffering will remain insoluble as long as human beings exist. The one truly effective solution for suffering is that spoken of in Zapffe’s “Last Messiah.” It may not be a welcome solution for a stopgap world, but it would forever put an end to suffering, should we ever care to do so. The pessimist’s credo, or one of them, is that nonexistence never hurt anyone and existence hurts everyone. Although our selves may be illusory creations of consciousness, our pain is nonetheless real.”
Not to intentionally steer away from the topic...but I gotta ask, what do you folks think of anti-natalism?

To be quite blunt I do think it's a mistake to bring a life into this world and extremely vain. But strictly biologically speaking it is what we are, no meaning other than the meaning we give it, it can be a "why."