The Whining and Bitching Thread

You only learn from doing it.

I've never understood people saying that they can't cook.

I've been making most of my meals since I was about 13. When you've got access to the internet and hundreds of versions of recipes, tutorials and videos of people making shit the argument that you don't know how to do something (given that most cooking is really simple anyway) is just odd.

I hate surfers.I hate their idiotic fake accents and the stupid names they give to each other and the places they surf.It's a personal victory for me every time one gets killed by a shark.

If they have faith, then there is unfortunately nothing you can do to prevent them from being concerned for your soul. The best course of action you could take would be to downplay the situation and not make a fuss about it. If you're set on giving some sort of explanation, which I wouldn't recommend, you're better off resorting to a feel-good Carl Sagan or Neil deGrasse Tyson video than attempting to write a polemic against religion--Christopher Hitchens did a very good job at this, but his writings and appearances at debates did not bring about converts. Rather, it re-affirmed the convictions of both atheists and believers.

My parents found out i was an atheist and are now trying to convince me because they are worried about my soul? what the fuck?
Here is the document i started writing so that theyd fuck off. can you offer me help? heres the link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T9I1C4PlbrCZk8EVOTSKQv-xXgkeaYhdx9VGX_vpIxA/edit?usp=sharing

I've never believed in God that I'm aware of and my family is religious. To be fair they believe that if I'm not a bad person God will see that and give me a free pass anyway.

there's no need to be vicious towards Christianity, to them especially. Just live your life man, if you get asked to go to church, kindly decline... And if someone says they're praying for you don't be offended. Means they care enough to ask their deity of choice to help you out. Not a whole lot of people will ever really give a shit about you, don't take em for granted, even if they seem a little crazy.

Source: living in a backwoods Christian state my entire life.

The best way to deal with it is to remain open-minded to that which you don't believe.
If you shut it all off, you'll become one of those contemptuous radical atheists and isolation will soon follow.

Hell, I'd even recommend going to church, reading the bible, etc.
Christopher Hitchens is a great example of someone that had strong opinions against religion, but was very civilised and had many deeply religious close friends, because he took advantage of his capacity for humour and wit, I think that's a great source of coping with issues like this myself.

Definitely read the bible. It will help you understand Christianity a lot more.

Wouldn't recommend going to church though. If you go and people find out you are strongly atheist, they might feel disrespected. It's happened to me before.

ok thanks for the advice, i will refrain from puling out the issue just going about normally.

well, regardless, how was my little paper, (that is uncompleted) written? ok for your average 16 year old?