The Whining and Bitching Thread

greasy ponytail

TNSZbz8.png

Nerdlife is expensive. All that swag aint gonna pay for itself.

Each certification is around $300. Its totally do-able for me.

Unless you were referring to fancy computers, in which case, my certs will eventually educate me enough to build my own decent rigs cheap. I'm a reasonably fly little code monkey but I don't know dick about hardware right now.

Each certification is around $300. Its totally do-able for me.

Unless you were referring to fancy computers, in which case, my certs will eventually educate me enough to build my own decent rigs cheap. I'm a reasonably fly little code monkey but I don't know dick about hardware right now.

I meant all the trinkets and clothing and toys.

I meant all the trinkets and clothing and toys.

Yeah, I should probably purchase a Pokemon watch and a 'nerds rule' T-shirt and like every star wars figure I see at meijers, amirite? Better start saving. People will think I'm a total poser if I don't.

Fuck. Ween is playing a single show, in Colorado, and tickets will sell out soon. Is one of my favorite bands worth the trip if they never play another show again?

zabu of nΩd;11079738 said:
Fuck. Ween is playing a single show, in Colorado, and tickets will sell out soon. Is one of my favorite bands worth the trip if they never play another show again?

I have no idea how far that is from you but yes, DO IT

I feel the same way about heroin addicts. They made a choice to do heroin, knowing the ramifications that will likely end up occurring as a result. People that make that choice, most of the time, are not smart.

Funny, because there are studies that show that drug users tend to be more intelligent, or at least more highly educated. And most people that try heroin don't become addicts (around a quarter do).

Of course, you're super smart, and you knew all this, you were just teasing.

Funny, because there are studies that show that drug users tend to be more intelligent, or at least more highly educated. And most people that try heroin don't become addicts (around a quarter do).

Of course, you're super smart, and you knew all this, you were just teasing.

Does that include marijuana users? I'm just curious.

I am now thinking about becoming an 'industrial maintenance tech' which basically means I'd be an electrician after reading the course descriptions. Entry level wage is about what I make now and I wouldn't be working in an office all the time so sounds like something I may dig. That and then I can work on bad wiring when I buy a house...

Obligatory Darth Vader or Yoda bobblehead has to be your first purchase

Speaking of nerd stuff, have you ever checked out Doomtown:Reloaded? Its a western-themed spinoff from another I haven't heard of called Deadlands. Friend brought it over recently, really fucking weird mix of MTG, poker, and god knows what else. You might dig it. We'll probably be starting up a pen and paper campaign off it once the board game makes sense.

Speaking of nerd stuff, have you ever checked out Doomtown:Reloaded? Its a western-themed spinoff from another I haven't heard of called Deadlands. Friend brought it over recently, really fucking weird mix of MTG, poker, and god knows what else. You might dig it. We'll probably be starting up a pen and paper campaign off it once the board game makes sense.

I know of it. It's an LCG. I bought into 40k Conquest instead - 40k themed LCG (they just added Tyranids :p).

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/warhammer-40000-conquest/

There's a bunch of LCGs out there now. 40k Conquest, AGOT that's about to go into it's 2nd edition, a Hobbit and/or LOTR themed one, Doomtown, and the granddaddy of them all: Netrunner. Then there is Summoner Wars which is a pseudo LCG which I also play.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
Enjoying a couple days off tomorrow (well, today I guess) and Saturday. Gonna be nice to be able to be lazy as fuck for once.

Edit: I smoked a joint literally as soon as I got home from work a few hours ago, and it was awesome. I am still relatively stoned.

so last night was game night with the friends. Had some beers, smoked some pot and had a square of weed chocolate. I woke up this morning high and like twitching. It was so weird. I've never woken up high before. After a while the twitching went away but my brain was still way foggy. It all seemed like a dream. Took a two and a half hour nap and that seemed to take care of most of it...now I'm just tired.

I smoked some for the first time in ages a couple of weeks ago.Because of urine tests at work it's something I can only do every now and then and it knocks the shit out of me nowadays lol.I was stoned for about 8 or 10 hours and ate probably 3 days worth of food.

Never do I get to fuck with weed. Literally any day I roll up on a well pad the drug van could show up and they follicle test you on the spot. Boom, you've got no job and you're blacklisted from the sites company in the future.