The Whining and Bitching Thread

I'm fucking pissed off. I don't have enough credits to cancel the most annoying fucking course on the planet. It's optional but I need the credits. basically I thought I had 126 so I can cancel it but now I went to the study dpt and they told me I had 122. So yeah. Basically I have to go the lab today AND a lecture so I will stay here till the evening just because of this crap subject. It's about composting. So much stupid extra work too, what the fuck. I have to feed some worms in the lab and bring a compost sample (?) and write numerous protocols and shit, all in the last block of the last semester when I should be finishing my thesis. Plus I just met the thesis supervisor and he wants to meet in about an hour I think he's pissed off too.

Godfuckingdamit. I'm trying to calm down in a study and information centre drinking coffee listening to Mahler 1.

Fucking hell, yesterday it was pretty warm and sunny and I even contemplated switching from winter to summer jacket and all that, and life was good and I prepared my playlist with uplifting trad metal to go and hum to and today it fucking monster snows, FTW (fuck the world)!

Reactions: CiG
Fucking hell, yesterday it was pretty warm and sunny and I even contemplated switching from winter to summer jacket and all that, and life was good and I prepared my playlist with uplifting trad metal to go and hum to and today it fucking monster snows, FTW (fuck the world)!

It's raining here.

I should've become a locksmith. It is outrageous to have my locks re-keyed on my house. Cheapest place was 215 dollars.

Cheaper to buy brand new locks at Home Depot and do it myself.

I had all the same! Except for the fact that it's rain, not snow. I even wore my fav jacket, but today it was again a winter coat.

I gave up all competitive online gaming a couple weeks ago and while I've been much more relaxed and less frustrated/anxious (with life in general) due to the lower stress levels, I'm getting bored just listening to music/reading/doing more relaxing single player gaming stuff. I need to get something that gets the adrenaline/competitive juices flowing to fill the gap. I'm leaning towards getting a mountain bike, but money is tight for the next couple of months paying off the last bit of the land we bought. I've tried the board gaming thing, and it's fun, but I get bored after a couple hours of it and/or can't readily find someone to play when I do feel like playing. There's nothing quite like the convenience of just queuing up for something online and playing right away. I'm not frothing at the mouth or anything, but just have an itch in my brain I can't scratch. Watching youtube Gopro videos of people mountainbiking and basejumping has been entertaining enough but I need to do something mentally stimulating or it's just not the same.

Meh. It will get better with time.

Yeah the biggest problem Ive found with board or minis or card gaming is finding someone who both wants to play the type of game you enjoy + is in your ballpark in skill level - and then syncing schedules dor playtime if you find that person/those people.

One of my close Smiths Falls friends died yesterday. Overdose. Of what, I do not know. She was only about 20.

We have been trying for the past three months to make plans to hang out, for when I was in Smiths Falls... but it never came to fruition. I feel like an absolute shitty friend right now, because of this. I wish I had gotten to see her at least one last time.

And a few years ago, her and I kinda had a brief thing, and I grew to have a low-key crush on the girl. It never fully went away. But even without that, we talked often and she was literally one of the most kind and cheery souls I ever knew. A really great person.

So as it is, I'm totally in shock, and just perplexed about it. I have a feeling this will eventually hit me like a ton of bricks.

Last edited:
I gave up all competitive online gaming a couple weeks ago and while I've been much more relaxed and less frustrated/anxious (with life in general) due to the lower stress levels, I'm getting bored just listening to music/reading/doing more relaxing single player gaming stuff. I need to get something that gets the adrenaline/competitive juices flowing to fill the gap. I'm leaning towards getting a mountain bike, but money is tight for the next couple of months paying off the last bit of the land we bought. I've tried the board gaming thing, and it's fun, but I get bored after a couple hours of it and/or can't readily find someone to play when I do feel like playing. There's nothing quite like the convenience of just queuing up for something online and playing right away. I'm not frothing at the mouth or anything, but just have an itch in my brain I can't scratch. Watching youtube Gopro videos of people mountainbiking and basejumping has been entertaining enough but I need to do something mentally stimulating or it's just not the same.

Meh. It will get better with time.

Why don't you take up online gaming again but this time be more conservative with it, set schedules etc.

Why don't you take up online gaming again but this time be more conservative with it, set schedules etc.

Well, it's less about it taking up too much of my time or any gaming addiction concerns like most people have when they give it up. I've always been able to stop gaming if other responsibilities in life need to take priority. With me it's more so the frustration level often exceeding the enjoyment I get from it, and subsequently putting me in a shit mood after. I tend to take anything I do very seriously (I'm the epitome of a tryhard), and particularly when my teammates/allies aren't taking the game as seriously as I am, or are playing poorly it's just better I just not play and avoid getting frustrated by other people's actions I can't control.

One of my close Smiths Falls friends died yesterday. Overdose. Of what, I do not know. She was only about 20.

We have been trying for the past three months to make plans to hang out, for when I was in Smiths Falls... but it never came to fruition. I feel like an absolute shitty friend right now, because of this. I wish I had gotten to see her at least one last time.

And a few years ago, her and I kinda had a brief thing, and I grew to have a low-key crush on the girl. It never fully went away. But even without that, we talked often and she was literally one of the most kind and cheery souls I ever knew. A really great person.

So as it is, I'm totally in shock, and just perplexed about it. I have a feeling this will eventually hit me like a ton of bricks.
My condolences, man.

Sorry buddy.

It hit me like a shit-ton of bricks on the walk to work yesterday tbh. I totally broke down.

I don't know how people handle this. I've never had to deal with the loss of someone this close before. Just distant family, not anyone really close.

It hit me like a shit-ton of bricks on the walk to work yesterday tbh. I totally broke down.

I don't know how people handle this. I've never had to deal with the loss of someone this close before. Just distant family, not anyone really close.
Sorry to hear. Condolences man.

There's nothing really anyone can say or you can do to take that gut punch away for a while. Time will scab it over and beer takes the edge off. Sorry to hear it, brother.

Reactions: Dak