The Whining and Bitching Thread

I also have a headache. It was caused by drinking.

Also I've had blurred vision in my right eye for about a month. Turns out it's just had enough of focusing and I need glasses. I've never had a single issue with my vision before. Left eye is fine. What the goddamn fuck.

Reactions: AllShallFall
Also I've had blurred vision in my right eye for about a month. Turns out it's just had enough of focusing and I need glasses. I've never had a single issue with my vision before. Left eye is fine. What the goddamn fuck.

you're jerking off too much. Take a break for about a week and you'll be fine. If it switches to your left, you're not jerking off enough. you're welcome

I used to think working more hours than anyone else meant I was being groomed for something. It doesn't. It just means you're the only person there who will put up with it, and in fact your boss will continue to take advantage of you while promoting your peers. Because if you've established yourself as someone who will do 12 hours of bitchwork, he holds onto that treasured fortune feverishly.

I so look forward to new employment with a hefty HR department. Or just new employment, period. I have learned a valuable lesson here about not doing work that's beneath me, even if it is a slow day.

Reactions: CiG and Dak
Shit I'm not even working the most hours. There's Mexicans here that pull 7 12+ hr shifts every week. Fuck that mess but I guess they already live in a hotel hours and hours from their family so they don't give a fuck.

I used to think working more hours than anyone else meant I was being groomed for something. It doesn't. It just means you're the only person there who will put up with it, and in fact your boss will continue to take advantage of you while promoting your peers. Because if you've established yourself as someone who will do 12 hours of bitchwork, he holds onto that treasured fortune feverishly.

The goddamnfuckingtruth. I've seen it quite a bit in my time as an adult. It's typical selfish incompetence.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
Word. Worse still is that every time the owner does try to teach me something I don't already know my manager gets pissed off because she's been there longer and doesn't get it yet. She seriously doesn't think it's fair for him to increase my value. And they have hour long conversations about shit like that.

And the owner is a micromicromicromanager, who has also made it clear he wants to bang her.

Very done. One of them daily I could handle, both simultaneously I cannot.

Last edited:
There will always be a problem of incompetence in management.
If you start promoting hard workers, they make the rest of management look bad, it shakes up the systems of laziness they have in place.

It essentially wrecks the whole status quo they have going on.

Though it's strange to hear that the owner is participating in this kind of thing.

Reactions: Dak
I make good money and he throws me hundred dollar bonuses almost every paycheck, so he wants me to stick around.

He knows I'm capable, intellectually. I've created entire strings of formula that completely changed how his business analyzes financial data. They scheduled appointments on a fucking piece of paper that got passed around the office before I came along and said, hey, dude, calendar on the computer. I single handedly transported his entire book of business from one brokerage firm to another, because my manager is basically computer illiterate.

My best guess is frankly that I'm a pet for the manager to feel important so she'll stop asking for more responsibility/ education. She's been very devoted to him for a long time. She was a trophy wife before this job. Or, it's just overall shitty and archaic management from the both of them and my efficiency makes them look bad. Similar to your theory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baroque and Dak
All's I know is my job search just began and there's plenty of fish in the sea. I've caught and released a few already. Just looking for that perfect fish.

Once you have a decent job offer you could always use it as leverage to become a much better payed #2 at the firm. Unless of course you just want to be out of a shithole. But protip: Pretty much everywhere is a shithole of human idiocy.

Solid point but I think I'm just done with small family owned businesses. All hail the cold efficiency of corporate invisibility. I miss that shit.

Reactions: Dak