The Whining and Bitching Thread

Here in Western Australia it is pretty weak probably in comparison to parts of America. We don't get snow here for example, other parts of Australia does though. I think we get like, one random day that's cold enough to snow or whatever.

It's mostly just cold compared to what I'm used to, which is rather brutal heat. Though apparently this is our coldest winter in a century or something.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...y/news-story/2a0c8f4fd4e15884b8d2e41f9f6679bb

Failing a warmer spell in the next fortnight, the weather bureau predicts Perth will post its coldest winter since 1998.

The mean maximum for June and July was 18.2C, the lowest since 1998 when a mean of 17.6C was recorded for the two months. The mean minimum for June and July was 8.2C, the coldest for three years.

I live in the far northern reaches of the US, so our winters are just short of Russia and upper Canada in severity. Also, 8.2 degrees Celsius? Cold? What are you, a sentient magma rock?

Ever since school got out in May, I've felt like I'm losing interest in music. At first, it was minor. All through June, I would play guitar for three hours every day, but I would hit occasional burnouts.

Now, I don't seem to have much interest in music. I'm playing guitar every day, but only for about a hour. I'm doing this less out of sheer desire than perceived duty; I want to increase my musical abilities whether I enjoy it or not. I'm listening to Watain right now. I'm enjoying it, but passively so. That's how I've felt for the past month. I can hardly remember what it felt like to truly enjoy music. All I remember that it was great. I took it for granted, and it felt mundane. Now, my current lack of interest feels mundane. This makes me wonder if it's just an illusion- maybe I never enjoyed music anymore than I currently do; I'm merely tricking myself into thinking that.

This is really pissing me off. I feel like my worldview is and was rooted in metal. The world revolved around metal to me. Why doesn't it seem that way now? Why would my mind, my greatest fucking ally, do this to itself.

I know that I seem like I'm exaggerating or being overdramatic, but it's hard to explain how I feel without sounding that way.

I'd appreciate some advice, other than "seek mental help" or "stop listening to music".

I'm trying to think of why I feel this way. I was grounded from listening music from March to May because of my grades, however, I still listened to it anyways in secrecy. I don't really believe in karma, I've always thought it was a load of bullshit, but part of my mind thinks that this is the result of karma. I must be a slave to it.

WV is one of those fun states where you can have a humid 95 degree day in the summer and dip into the negative not even factoring in wind chill on winter nights.

You know what else is hilarious? The sheer amount of wildlife that can fucking kill you in Australia. Would love to visit someday though.

We have similar weather in NJ as Krow has in WV, but it also results in having a variety of seasons to enjoy.

Reactions: CiG