The Whining and Bitching Thread

You should try to record some demos with a drum machine, that's what I do when I start to lose my muse.
I just listen to records with good drum grooves, drum machines are too robotic and mechanical. You gotta learn how to keep that beat in yourself, and how to get new grooves on your own.

Try some Paganini, Bach, and Wagner if you really wanna challenge yourself. Zappa and Beefheart have really tough guitar parts too, especially with the time signatures on some of them.

+1 for Bach. If you can sight read Bach then you can play anything.

Then the next step is learning music theory and jazz improvisation.

+1 for Bach. If you can sight read Bach then you can play anything.

Then the next step is learning music theory and jazz improvisation.
Absolutely. Bach is essential to understanding music, no matter what instrument you play, Bach is paramount to understanding it in as many ways as you can. Jazz improv is certainly the next step, stuff like John McLaughlin, John Scofield, Herb Ellis, John Pizzarelli, Bucky Pizzarelli, Barney Kessel, Django Reinhardt, Charlie Christian, etc. Going on beyond guitarists, people like Miles Davis, Charles Mingus, John Coltrane, Theolonious Monk, etc. I also regard blues and roots musicians, particularly the guitarists and pianists, as essential too.

I posted a picture of me with a Trump hat on. However, that picture did not get removed so I don't know if Facebook is trolling pages finding shit like that or what.

Ban ends around 8:30 this evening

Do you think that it's possible that you made a post or comment somewhere that someone reported? If a picture gets flagged and they decide it is offensive, they remove the picture when they restrict your account.

Do you think that it's possible that you made a post or comment somewhere that someone reported? If a picture gets flagged and they decide it is offensive, they remove the picture when they restrict your account.

Right, which is why I'm not sure it was the picture at all. Someone had to report something obviously but I don't know what it was. The ban happened right after I made that status update so I thought at first it may have been that but it was probably something else.

It was probably your post about how to not get killed by a cop.

Except that picture wasn't taken down (and it's not like it was completely wrong anyway). If it was the picture in and of itself then it wouldn't be there like Elric pointed out. I was posting some stuff on a buddy's page about the same picture and some person maybe got butthurt about that. I'm not really sure. I purged some people from my page as a result just in case it was one of them.

Anyway, things you can't do in Facebook jail since I'm finally out as of 9 PM last night:

Like statuses
Talk on messenger
Change your profile picture

I agree with you brother. Once I have my housewarming next month I'm going off Facebook for a while. I'm using Facebook to keep in touch regarding the housewarming

Ah fair enough. I mostly use it to rant about politics, even though pretty much all of my left-wing pals probably have me unfollowed. Every now and then it sparks a debate, but mostly Aidsbook is just hella boring...

Mostly keep it because I prefer to keep contacts via Aidsbook > cellphones. I hate phones.

Reactions: Dak
I've posted some fairly bad shit on fb but haven't been banned lol. I'm good at making my hatred of the weak and oppressed sound controlled and reasoned and not blatantly racist

I may have lost some left wing friends but fuck em

Said something on FB months back and actually got arrested, at the time it weirded me out really bad. Can't say I go on the site at all.

I use facebook to keep up with bands I like. Most of my old friends are boring as fuck and most of the females I used to slober over have so many kids they dont even take pictures of themselves anymore.