The Whining and Bitching Thread

You're acting like you're having an identity crisis before you really even have an identity.

Thanks for the help.

By the way, you'd be glad to know that I've come to realize that GG Allin is punk. Not hardcore. "Hardcore" was the scene involving Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, etc. GG Allin is just extremely stripped down, raw, extreme punk.

I feel more interested in music now. Sometimes, my interest in music will crash and I will get extremely upset, but I'm fine the next day. I think it's a psychological illusion.

Thanks for the help.

By the way, you'd be glad to know that I've come to realize that GG Allin is punk. Not hardcore. "Hardcore" was the scene involving Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, etc. GG Allin is just extremely stripped down, raw, extreme punk.

I feel more interested in music now. Sometimes, my interest in music will crash and I will get extremely upset, but I'm fine the next day. I think it's a psychological illusion.
Most of his stuff is rawer punk, but his really late period stuff could technically be considered hardcore punk.

Most of his stuff is rawer punk, but his really late period stuff could technically be considered hardcore punk.

Hardcore is generally an abandonment of traditional punk structure. Brutality and Bloodshed For All is pretty standard as far as structure goes.

Some of the songs on the bonus version of You Give Love a Bad Name are hardcore, like Slaughterhouse Deathcamp. Suck My Ass It Smells is hardcore too, but theirs no sense in making those distinctions.

Hardcore is generally an abandonment of traditional punk structure. Brutality and Bloodshed For All is pretty standard as far as structure goes.

Some of the songs on the bonus version of You Give Love a Bad Name are hardcore, like Slaughterhouse Deathcamp. Suck My Ass It Smells is hardcore too, but theirs no sense in making those distinctions.
Key word being "generally".

I suppose so. Hey, I've been debating this with myself for years, but would you count this song as metal or not?

He's punk, but most of his fans are metalheads. Punks now are too pussy to listen to GG Allin. Musically, he's as metal as Motorhead is punk.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about GG. Ted Nugent is metal IMO.

Gotcha, I primarily consider him to be hard rock, but I've always felt there's been outliers like the two songs I showed you.

Well, more accurately it is hard rock, but if I were around in the 70's I'd be calling it heavy metal, mostly because it has that heavy metal spirit. I always romanticise musical genres personally rather than go by clinical definitions. :lol:

Reactions: PrincessHades
I've found the root of my problem. Lately, I have not been challenging myself much with my guitar playing. Playing nothing but punk and black metal like I've been doing will get me nowhere. My interest in music was always driven by guitar playing, and what's the fucking point if I'm not actually going to challenge myself? I had a blast last night playing some Eric Clapton songs.

Reactions: CiG
I've found the root of my problem. Lately, I have not been challenging myself much with my guitar playing. Playing nothing but punk and black metal like I've been doing will get me nowhere. My interest in music was always driven by guitar playing, and what's the fucking point if I'm not actually going to challenge myself? I had a blast last night playing some Eric Clapton songs.
That's something you always have to do to keep going with guitar, learn new avenues, up the difficulty, change up the styles you're playing.

Last edited:
Try some Paganini, Bach, and Wagner if you really wanna challenge yourself. Zappa and Beefheart have really tough guitar parts too, especially with the time signatures on some of them.