The Whining and Bitching Thread

Don't be jealous that I can work a stripper pole and you can't.
60D6BCZ.gif

I've been in a music writing rut lately with my mind overclocked from work. It doesnt help I suck at writing music with other people too, or have severe anxiety when it comes to writing music with others after bad past band experiences. I try to make Terasophe an all genre-but mostly metal- outlet, but everything is coming out so much alike sounding that it upsets me.

I dont want to give up writing music because thats what im most passionate about. I'm afraid Id end up doing something regretful if I let go of my passion.
Write a song about how much your specific day-job is stressing you out
Writing a song doesn't have to be a collaborative effort
Just explain to your band mates that you want to write a couple of songs all by yourself
And then just do that
Get a couple of songs written all by yourself
And then go back to writting with the band
If you're doing "mostly metal" and everything is coming out "so much alike"
You need to just sit down and decide
I'm gonna make a totally non-metal song
( This part you might need your band members for)
If WRITING music is "what you're most passionate about" then you need to have your music-writer- collaborator be some one else who feels the same way
Even if the new person helping you WRITE songs is someone who can't sing or play an instrument to save their lives
Don't let go of your passion
Keep writing music, even if continuing to write music means letting go of your band

Reactions: Sophii
I have no problem with ACF, but my own music is different. Terasophe is me and me alone (as of right now)

I dont even have so much of a say so in ACF. But thats what I like in that retrospect.

Oh fuck I didnt mention that
Alabama Church Fire (ACF) is a band I play bass for.
Sorry, lack of sleep is getting to me.
What the fuck??
You're previous post made it sound like you were lead singer/main song-writer for a band called "Terasophe"
So, is Terasophe your stage-name??
Oh fuck I didnt mention that
Alabama Church Fire (ACF) is a band I play bass for.
Sorry, lack of sleep is getting to me.