The Whining and Bitching Thread

I think it's massively important for Australians to have an idea of Australian history, both white & Aboriginal.

Reactions: Slammed
I agree. We spent a lot of time learning it, of course it was only the shit that was authorised by the education department which at the time were behind the times, but we still spent a lot of time learning everything from the Dreamtime to Eureka Stockade. Last year friends of ours had a kid in grade 5 that was learning about Eureka Stockade so the school are still embracing Australian History at least.

Reactions: jimmy101
I was surprised, but not as surprised as I was when her 39 yr old parents asked me if I could help their kid with her project because they had no idea. If the project had have been about Star Wars or Star Trek her parents would have aced it but they knew fuck all about the Eureka Stockade.

Reactions: jimmy101
Most of those annoying school protesters don't understand half of what they claim they are fighting for. I heard one spokesgirl from the rally last week say that their demands were simply, total renewable energy for all by 2020.

I do think she's left her run a bit late if she wants it all to happen in 8 months though.

Reactions: CiG
:lol:

They demand stuff like that as if any relevant amount of people oppose it.

"WE DEMAND WORLD PEACE."

I mean, okay...

Don't you joke about this. Our president was quoted saying he "doesn't see any future in renewable energy" only a couple days ago.

And this is a guy that was re-elected for his second term a year ago.

My point was that he has a lot of followers.

Yeah I get it, I'm saying it's irrelevant unless you know somehow that his followers support him because of his views on renewable energy. It's especially irrelevant if he only just now came out as skeptical about renewable energy after his re-election.

Yeah I get it, I'm saying it's irrelevant unless you know somehow that his followers support him because of his views on renewable energy. It's especially irrelevant if he only just now came out as skeptical about renewable energy after his re-election.

Well, his stance on these matters doesn't really surprise anyone at this point, it's just that the quote itself was so simple and retarded, it makes it a new low.

Well, his stance on these matters doesn't really surprise anyone at this point, it's just that the quote itself was so simple and retarded, it makes it a new low.

Regardless, just because he said it a year after his re-election it doesn't mean his supporters agree. That's all, I'm sure he's a twat.

Regardless, just because he said it a year after his re-election it doesn't mean his supporters agree. That's all, I'm sure he's a twat.

Sure he's a twat. :)

Honestly I don't want to make our small-european slavcountry politics a topic in here, just as I avoid getting into US politics in here myself. No point really.

Sure he's a twat. :)

Honestly I don't want to make our small-european slavcountry politics a topic in here, just as I avoid getting into US politics in here myself. No point really.

Well all I was saying is it's funny to see people demand things that would be great, but aren't possible right now, as if there's some huge opposition to it. Hopefully you Slavs can elect a non-cunt soon. :thumbsup:

Well all I was saying is it's funny to see people demand things that would be great, but aren't possible right now, as if there's some huge opposition to it. Hopefully you Slavs can elect a non-cunt soon. :thumbsup:

We're so used to terrible political representation at this point that it would seem like a shocking change coming out of nowhere. :D

We're so used to terrible political representation at this point that it would seem like a shocking change coming out of nowhere. :D

Maybe that's a good thing, stuff like that can be like a dam breaking situation, as opposed to the slow grinding progress of other places where things are getting better but you can barely tell because it happens in such incremental steps. That kinda shit really breeds cynicism in people.