The Whining and Bitching Thread

fuck...school starts tomorrow. i was up all night the other night, and i fell asleep at 7 or pm yesterday and woke up at 3 am. couldnt get back to sleep so i drank a mountain dew, ate taco bell, then huffed more butane and i was up all night again. basically it still feels like yesterday yet school is tomorrow so im confused as fuck

i dont want to deal with this shit this year. i feel like dropping out and living in my car, fuck it

Why does it happen that whenever you meet people irl who are into metal, it has to be metalcore? I was hanging out with some friends this weekend and I meet another fellow "metalhead". It just so happens that every fucking band he puts on was some sort of bullshit-core crap, and when I said that im not a fan of that kind of stuff and prefer death metal, im somehow labelled as an elitist. I was even subtle about my dislike for vapid bro-metal, by just saying I don't care for it, but because I can't see its apparent ingenuity im just another metal elitist. Apparently he has a friend who has good taste because he is also labelled as an elitist. Why you have to have shit taste in metal to not be an elitist is beyond me. The guy also had a box mod and blows clouds, the fucking queer.

Why does it happen that whenever you meet people irl who are into metal, it has to be metalcore? I was hanging out with some friends this weekend and I meet another fellow "metalhead". It just so happens that every fucking band he puts on was some sort of bullshit-core crap, and when I said that im not a fan of that kind of stuff and prefer death metal, im somehow labelled as an elitist. I was even subtle about my dislike for vapid bro-metal, by just saying I don't care for it, but because I can't see its apparent ingenuity im just another metal elitist. Apparently he has a friend who has good taste because he is also labelled as an elitist. Why you have to have shit taste in metal to not be an elitist is beyond me. The guy also had a box mod and blows clouds, the fucking queer.

ok ill admit i used to have a box mod but the kid who sold it to me didnt tell me that, shit was kind of a pain in the ass

but that tends to be true, more so with nu metal. personally i dont mind the former but metalcore is just a flat, bland genre imo

ok ill admit i used to have a box mod but the kid who sold it to me didnt tell me that, shit was kind of a pain in the ass

I bought one once because I heard vaping can help you stop smoking, and at the time e-cigs were garbage. It was tedious to use, they leak a lot, and it was nothing like a cigarette. I continued to smoke, which made it pointless for me. Plus they just look so fucking lame that I didn't take it out in public.

but that tends to be true, more so with nu metal. personally i dont mind the former but metalcore is just a flat, bland genre imo

Most nu-metal people I know are actually cool as fuck. They are usually in their late 30s/early 40s and while they like music, they could give a shit about the judgment part of it because they are too busy partying, having a good time, and are overall fun people. The metalcore people I meet are more my age (late 20s, early 30s) and whiny as fuck. I can headbang to it and shit for a few minutes, but id rather my redneck friends put on some outlaw country, or my city friends put on some underground hip-hop. I don't often meet people in my social circles that are genuine metalheads. Maybe I am elitist, but I do try not to make it obvious of judge them for it. This is actually the first time ive been called out as an elitist, and I was honestly surprised. I was drunk though, so maybe I just couldnt hide my disdain.

I bought one once because I heard vaping can help you stop smoking, and at the time e-cigs were garbage. It was tedious to use, they leak a lot, and it was nothing like a cigarette. I continued to smoke, which made it pointless for me. Plus they just look so fucking lame that I didn't take it out in public.

Most nu-metal people I know are actually cool as fuck. They are usually in their late 30s/early 40s and while they like music, they could give a shit about the judgment part of it because they are too busy partying, having a good time, and are overall fun people. The metalcore people I meet are more my age (late 20s, early 30s) and whiny as fuck. I can headbang to it and shit for a few minutes, but id rather my redneck friends put on some outlaw country, or my city friends put on some underground hip-hop. I don't often meet people in my social circles that are genuine metalheads. Maybe I am elitist, but I do try not to make it obvious of judge them for it. This is actually the first time ive been called out as an elitist, and I was honestly surprised. I was drunk though, so maybe I just couldnt hide my disdain.

yeah it leaked a lot and looked kind of stupid tbh. vaping ppl are pretty retarded, its fine to do but the ones who use box mods are into like building their own coils and shit like that and they end up spending more money on that then they would cigs. at least the newer pod vapes look a little cool. smoking is still cooler imo but i dont do it right now because cigs are harder to get (im underage in my state)

Like I said im fine with nu metal, I actually think slipknot, korn, and disturbed have some really good songs. one of my biggest problems with metalcore is that the music and production dont match...its aggressive but it always has crystal clear production so it ends up sounding like the metal equivalent of green day or something

smoking is still cooler imo but i dont do it right now because cigs are harder to get (im underage in my state)

lol

Like I said im fine with nu metal, I actually think slipknot, korn, and disturbed have some really good songs. one of my biggest problems with metalcore is that the music and production dont match...its aggressive but it always has crystal clear production so it ends up sounding like the metal equivalent of green day or something

Well, the thing is, nu-metal came before metalcore, so the people who listened to it in high school tend to be a bit older. I was one of those kids that took the middle school route from nu-metal to extreme metal rather than gravitate to the next trend (I gravitated to CoB, Arch Enemy, and AtG more than I did Killswitch, BTBAM, or As I Lay Dying). I also embraced bands like Metallica and Megadeth more than punk bands like NOFX, Green Day, and Offspring. So my taste in metal was always rooted more in death metal than it was the hardcore and emo-punk influenced metal. I have since expanded my boundaries, but never toward the Atreyu or Bullet for my Valentine style of pussy shit.

Im actually ok with some older Slipknot and Korn. Disturbed have aged relatively poorly for me (I found Mushroomhead to be better), but I can still get into it if im drunk enough. I still consider older SOAD as good stuff, but they are more associated with nu-metal in the era than the genre itself.

In the end I find that metalcore is at a crossroad that can't be passed. At some point it seemed to want to combine emo-core with melodic death metal, and as such the genre just turned to trash imo. And then a lot of bands just took on a rather soul-less chug influence from nu-metal, and it just didn't have a theme other than being "hard". So more modern metalcore either lacks balls our lacks soul. I don't like either one.

i know a lot of kids nowadays who listen to nu metal even though its really dead as a genre. really i think its what most hs aged kids see as being metal these days, which is kind of an ignorant point of view but i dont really care. it seems to be more of an image than anything...lots of rappers take up that style to an extent and thus all the black kids at my school walk around with slipknot shirts even though they likely dont even listen to them. there are some actual metalheads though and most of them do in fact seem to listen to slipknot alongside some older bands

the place where i get online had their internet down for a few days
it made me realize that i'm addicted to posting on GMD Social

am i the only one that still jams out to hair-metal
Motley Crue was awesome, i still listen to their music
like actually yesterday

Reactions: PrincessHades
Whinin' 'n' bitchin'.

I'm going to a fancy clinic today, on a saturday of all days, for some butt examination under general anesthesia, butI was supposed to get some blood tests done and the results haven't arrived so I'm afraid they can't put me to sleep and this is just a giant waste of time. I will hand them the EKG results and say "blood and piss tests" haven't arrived, so you can just look at my heartbeat on this here paper and that's all you get". And they'll be like "you dumbass, you can't go under anesthesia without those results, so fuck off".

I bet you this is how it goes. This is exactly what will happen.

Geezus christ autoparts have gone up in this country. $45.00 for a fucking paper air filter, $189.00 for a diesel filter. $110.00 for fully synthetic oil. I'm glad I don't pay Stealership prices on top of that for the service, Nissan want $1430.00 of a major service on my ute.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Ran from the cops yesterday, got arrested, and spent the night in the hospital against my will im getting out of va