The Whining and Bitching Thread

Been putting together a live hip-hop group over the past couple of months & writing some original music. We have myself (bass), drummer, saxophonist, guitarist & keyboardist whom I really like playing music with. However, I am really not a fan of our vocalist who is really into the new-school trap style, whereas I'm much more of a fan of the old-school boom bap style. My good friend who plays the drums is kinda the de-facto leader of the band & I approached him about possibly getting rid of the vocalist & looking for someone new, but he doesn't want to let them go. At the moment I'm finding I don't really want to continue being in this band with this current vocalist, & it's basically sapped my enthusiasm for the group dry, but am unsure if I really want to quit it as I don't wanna disappoint my drummer friend.

Anyone got any suggestions on what the best course of action might be?

Do what's right for you, if the drummer is a friend he will still be a friend even if he doesn't like the choice you make.

Reactions: jimmy101
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Can't really see the situation magically getting any better. Just finding the busy, funky bass style that I enjoy playing doesn't work with this shit & I'm being asked to water-down my playing style a little too often for my liking.

Oh man, that's cool. But a shame the bands didn't last.

Anyway, this problem sorted itself out quickly. Was about to call my drummer mate & basically tell him I'm keen on bailing & he told me his wife is 7 weeks pregnant & needs to pull out of/dissolve the group. Easy done!

Reactions: CiG
@jimmy101
the solution to your problem seems kinda obvious to me
find a vocalist that you love and start your own band with that person
The thing about me is I don't really care what the vocalist does for the most part & am not the type of person who over-analyses what they do or say. It's just when it starts affecting the actual music that I take notice.

Fuck the labwork I'm currently doing. The road to results is an erratic one, a true mercurial serpentine. There's so many steps where errors can appear that even going back to find the errors is a job on its own where more mistakes can be made. Zephyrus would call my current course a downward spiral for sure.

Fuck the labwork I'm currently doing. The road to results is an erratic one, a true mercurial serpentine. There's so many steps where errors can appear that even going back to find the errors is a job on its own where more mistakes can be made. Zephyrus would call my current course a downward spiral for sure.
Labwork, you say? You think you could do some experiments and testing and cook me up something to give me Albert Wesker powers? That'd be nice...

Labwork, you say? You think you could do some experiments and testing and cook me up something to give me Albert Wesker powers? That'd be nice...
Cook, eh?

bryan-cranston-breaking-bad-1024x685.jpg