Themed Mixtape Game

I didn't know Cauldron Born had any demos, but the singer and the production on the first two albums are terrible and part of why I hate those albums (aside from the boring second-rate Helstar riffs). Looking forward to hearing the demo version now.

Apocrypha - Ah yeah, shredder's delight! This is cool as fuck. Awesome geetar's, vocals, tune....9/10

Cauldron Born - Ohh listen to that geetar tone! haha out of tune but that's a sick tone there. A bit of primitive riffage but wait...a very cool wah solo -hey that was good- this rules. Never heard of these guys but lm on the bandwagon. 7/10

Sadus - Angry wasp snarl that l think was unique to this band..Sadus were in a lot of ways the perfect thrash/death band. Great aggressive riffs and vocals, an ear for catchiness, and hunger. What happened? 8/10

Messiah - Bland, forgetful, dull wannabes ....where's the positive for a decent review?....................um.........production?....i've heard some Messiah before but l cant remember it......i'm sure it was better than this. 4/10

Forsaken - yeah...nothing to see here folks...carry on,carry on....stiff, typical...boring 3/10

Manilla Road - hmm is this from the same album that people keep putting up songs from? Otherwise this band's entire career sounds like 1 giant album no? l like this a lot. 8/10

Trouble - This is one of those bands i've just never had a chance to hear before, Or, you know what l mean, they have always been there, in the background, way down on my list what to listen to. Hey this is good and heavy. 6.5/10

October 31 - Cool job on the production but the song itself has not really blowing me away. l like the geetar....6/10

Saracen - Sounds like one of my old shitty bedroom tracks...l like the vocals but this is insipid stuff 5/10

Icecross - love free drummers like this guy. Killer drum sound! this is so far up my alley lm bleeding. oh £18 on Discogs glorious 9/10

Tristitia - There's a lick or 2 that passes mustard but that's about it. This seem's to be trying way too hard. it's just boring. 4/10

Tourniquet - yeah heard about these guys but never bothered to check the out. This is fucking killer. l will be investing time and money into this band from now on. Awesome..cheers to the uploader. 9/10

W.A.S.P - Never my kind of metal were Wasp. but i'm starting to enjoy this band more and more..just not quite heavy enough..6/10

Immolation - Unique DM Gods that deserve all the Plaudits that they receive...l thought about this song but then l thought 5 others would go for Immolation - where's Deicide or Morbid Angel? killer tune off of one of the greatest...8.5/10

Last edited:
2363.jpg

Apocrypha - Penance (Keep The Faith)
odd mixture of tech thrash and muscular heavy metal. neat tension in this, superduper basslines, guitar maelstroms, even a nice RIDE THE LIGHTNING style bass drum in places. if i was gonna nitpick i guess the verses (or whatever that is at e.g. 1:40) are a bit too familiar. crappy youtube btw, had to go to spotify for this one. 8/10

CAULDRON BORN - Crusader

this is true heavy metal, fuck possers! i hadn't heard the demo version but i think i prefer it too. 9/10

Sadus - Oracle of Obmission

can someone pls confirm this meets the thematic requirements for abmission 8/10

Messiah - The Choice

/m\ LOWER THE HORNS 7/10

Forsaken - Via Crucis (The Way of the Cross)

too flowery for my tastes and that's to sugarcoat an underlying blandness i think. the lyrics might be worse than messiah's lol. i had no idea these guys were maltese, that's weird. 4/10

Manilla Road - Divine Victim

a top 10 'road song, maybe top 5. simple but emotive. point off for obviousness. 8/10

Trouble - Run to the Light

bit too much happy rocky shit going on here but the stuff in between is great. i probably haven't given this album enough attention. someone should insert wagner's vocals over a bieber tune to prove my theory that he could make literally anything sound good. 7/10

October 31 - The Verdict

i vaguely recall references to this outfit from king fowley interviews i've read, didn't know jim hunter was involved as well. not really my preferred style but it's fine. 6/10

Saracen - Horsemen of the apocalypse

a majestic '70s-styled NWOBHM epic, building to a spinetingling climax. 10/10

Icecross - Jesus Freaks

proto-metal at best but i don't give a shit, they fit here and clearly influenced some metal bands i.e. heavy load. they do border on novelty with their wackiness at times, but this song showcases them at their best. helps that they knew how to fucking produce albums in the '70s, this is a godly mix. vocalist is incredible as well, but the drummer is the clear MVP. 9/10

Tristitia - Christianic Indulgence
god, this label is/was fucking weird. among other things they released supuration's THE CUBE, a lot of elend albums, stille volk albums, gloomy grim's LIFE?, MYSTIC PLACES OF DAWN, orphaned land stuff, frozen shadows stuff etc. as for tristitia, this is a song containing the word "christianic", on an album called "crucidiction", and the guy is also in a band called "gardeniathan", so it's fair to assume he's a massive tosspot. the song itself is pretty heavy and understated as far as peacevilly gothic doom goes, i like the weird and intense leads. 7/10

Tourniquet - Ruminating Virulence

first 2 and a half minutes are pretty damn good, then the extremely shit solo kicks in and it all gets rather tryhard and mastubatory from then on. 5/10

W.A.S.P. - Babylon's Burning

the surprise of the list for me, had no idea they were putting out songs of this quality in '09! 7/10

Immolation - Nailed to Gold

i guess to be consistent i should take a point off for obviousness here too. 9/10

the lack of black metal here was disappointing (i originally submitted 'blood of christians on my sword' after cig's post but changed my mind lol) but i enjoyed the playlist. in conclusion, fuck arg's chink dad.