Vampire - 8.5 nice momentum
Stone Demons - 7 good but soft vocals
Iced Earth - 9 one of their best songs
Necrophagia - 7.5 impressive how early they were, but eh
Venom - 8 p good
Bathory - 7 it's ok but kind of shapeless
Church of Misery - 7.5 i mostly like it, only small complaints and long
The Ravenous - 5 not really my thing
Witchhammer - 9.5 i will guess HBB. very good, going to look for this.
Helstar - 8.5 solid
Blood Cult - 6 lol @ the drums.. seriously :lol:
Necromantia - 2 ? this ever going to start?

Mayhem - Buried By Time and Dust

"The dark is so near... " 10/10

Satan - Kiss of Death

One of Satan's best imo. Would've been interesting to hear Ross sing this in studio, but I like this vocalist plenty. 8.5/10

Mütiilation - Tears of a Melancholic Vampire

Maybe the most appropriate atmosphere for a vampirism theme. 7/10

Vampire - Night Hunter

First time hearing these guys despite seeing their logo pin on every patch vest ever made. So blatantly Swedish. Decent stuff, though. 6.5/10

Stone Demons - Vampyr

Sleep-inducing. 3/10

Iced Earth - Dracula

A little dull, but surprisingly entertaining. 6/10

Necrophagia - Insane For Blood

I take back what I said about Mütiilation, THIS is the most appropriate atmosphere for vampirism. Putrid, depraved, awesome. 9/10

Venom - Countess Bathory

Obviously a 10/10

Bathory - Woman of Dark Desires

Black metal as the gods intended. "Innocent blood will give eternal beauty, eternal life!" 10/10

Church of Misery - Blood Sucking Freak

Absolutely not for me. This was actually a chore to sit through. Thanks. 3/10

The Ravenous - I Drink Your Blood

Considering who was involved I probably should've heard this before now. Nasty shit. 7.5/10

Witchhammer - Transilvania

Impressive! Another pleasant surprise. 8/10

Helstar - The Black Cathedral

First time hearing post-Nosferatu Helstar. This rules! Rivera sounds incredible and these riffs are fucking GREAT. 9/10

Blood Cult - Psychic Vampire

Yeah, not much to say about this. 4/10

Necromantia - Last Song of Valdezie

Nice! It's probably no secret that I love Necromantia, and having this serve as an outro is perfect. It probably isn't even worth rating since I suspect Grumbles added it himself. Still, very fitting! 8/10

I've only actually listened to Scarlet Evil Witching Black, although I like it well enough that I suppose I should put their previous album on my to-do list. It was rather fitting, though, that that song ended up being the last to be submitted, and I would've probably arranged it as an outro even if it wasn't submitted in that order.

Reactions: Slayed Necros
Mayhem - Buried By Time and Dust 7/10
Satan - Kiss of Death 9/10
Mütiilation - Tears of a Melancholic Vampire 5/10
Vampire - Night Hunter 7/10
Stone Demons - Vampyr 6/10
Iced Earth - Dracula 7.5/10
Necrophagia - Insane for Blood 9.5/10
Venom - Countess Bathory 7.5/10
Bathory - Woman of Dark Desires 7/10
Church of Misery - Blood Sucking Freak 7.5/10
The Ravenous - I Drink Your Blood 5/10
Witchhammer - Transylvania 9/10
Helstar - Black Cathedral 8/10
Blood Cult - Psychic Vampire 5/10
Necromantia - Last Song of Valdezie 4/10

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
Definitely a fun classic. 7/10.

Satan - Kiss of Death
This reminds me of a certain band. Can't put my finger on it but they were on one of the Rob Zombie Halloween soundtracks. Maybe the first. 7/10.

This is dirty and full of despair like it's sung by a mournful vampire. 7/10.

Vampire - Night Hunter
Love the thrashy goodness. 8/10.

Stone Demons - Vampyr
Nice groove on this one. 7/10.

Iced Earth - Dracula
Not really delivering on an atmospheric front and pretty uninteresting. 4/10.

Necrophagia - Insane for Blood
Like it when the drums slow down. 8/10.

Venom - Countess Bathory
Great album and great song. 8/10.

Aww yiss. 9/10.

Nothing to hate here. 7/10.

The Ravenous -
I Drink Your Blood
Vocals are ill. Sick production. 9/10.

Witchhammer -
Transylvania
Aggression and melody are well balanced. 7/10.

Helstar -
Black Cathedral
That was all kinds of boredom. 4/10.

Blood Cult -
Psychic Vampire
Minimalistic and good. 7/10.

Necromantia -
Last Song of Valdezie
Interesting pick. Not metal. 2/10.

Mayhem - Buried by Time & Dust

8/10.
To be honest I'm not the biggest fan of Mayhem, but theyre still undeniable.

Satan - Kiss of Death

8.5/10. Really badass stuff.

8/10. Hatred and misery of an immortal soul.

Vampire - Night Hunter

6/10. Frikkin bland.

Stone Demons - Vampyr

8/10. Occvlt as fuck. Funny this band is from Mexico. Guy must be trying hard to not show his accent.

Iced Earth - Dracula

9.5/10. Epic stuff.

Necrophagia - Insane For Blood

8/10. Filthy

Venom - Countess Bathory

10/10. Evil before people knew what evil was.

9.5/10. Bodybuilder wearing a goathead epic.

9/10. What Richard Trenton Chase did to one of his victims is absolutely ghastly, if you ever felt the need to look him up.

6/10.

Witchhammer - Transilvania
8/10.
I might have to find this one. Very cool.

Helstar - The Black Cathedral

9/10.
Helstar shouldnt be this good still, but they are.

8/10. Redneck black metal

0/10.
What the fuck is the point of including this? I love Necromantia as much as anyone but this is a blue ball ending to a monster play list.

I happen to really like that album. I feel like I rated everything higher than I normally do for some reason.

Normal reviews are for sheep and dweebs.

3.5/10

Meh. Redeeming factors is the very in your face drumming, but this also didn't make me think of vampires really, the insanity aspect was more heavy. I didn't get the aura of centuries here.
Vampire personification- Generic Malkavian (Vampire the Masquerade)

Satan - Kiss of Death
8/10

Sexy intro, and maybe I'm on a drum kick but I also enjoyed it here. The breakdown was hella groovy. It has a powerful presence, very rock n roll fun, very fuck you I'm drinking your blood, faggot. Satan always does good work.
Vampire personification- David (Lost Boys)

.5/10

Overdone in every sense of the word, except a grand sense. Try-hardy and immature. The only tears of melancholy here are because mom made him do his blood homework.
Vampire personification- Rod Ferrell (IRL)

Vampire - Night Hunter
5/10

I found myself bored, something about the combination. There was some cool guitar work but I didn't think of a night hunter at all. Maybe its because this band assumedly always follows theme, so it's just another song to them. Just another day of fat white vampire blues.
Vampire personification- Jules Duchon (See last line)

Stone Demons - Vampyr
7.5/10

Decidedly undead intro and the bell gist continues throughout the song, which I find a crucial element of vampyr adherence. This was really goth sounding, overall just a little too subdued though. It fuckin stalks, which I dig and is on point for theme, but it seems he never gets his kill, there's just enough balls.
Vampire personification- Selene (Underworld)

Iced Earth - Dracula
10/10

I was going to submit this, it was the first song I thought of, but I'm like nahhh I never see Iced Earth get love here. One of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands. Fucking wrenching man, straight up hate the motherfucking church for damning the woman he loved, straight up fought your fucking holy wars, straight up gothic torment and rage.
Vampire personification- Dracula (Francis Ford Coppola's)

4/10

Too burpy. Someone drank too much blood. It is kinda gross though, which is a cool way to approach vampirism amidst all the romance and badassery. I imagine rushing the victims even if there's a fire and crosses, fuck it, they want blood.
Vampire personification - Iris (30 days of night)

Venom - Countess Bathory
6.5/10

It's like a song a dude who wanted to fuck the countess sang, very admiring, lauding her loudly. The bass is awesome. But it feels distant, like a folklore of a folklore. Call me a picky poet but shouting the theme does not make it on point. Too mortal.
Vampire personification- Countess Bathory (IRL)

4/10

Similar problem to the last song, except this suffers from the additional misfortune of also not being enjoyable. Drums didn't drone, they insisted, and insisted, as did the subject. Not enough of the story even, just generically YO THIS BITCH LIKED BLOOD OF DARKNESS DESIRES! No personality, just hotness.
Vampire personification- Santanico Pandemonium (From Dusk Till Dawn)

7/10

I'm a sucker for the genre. Giggity. Distortion definitely added to the 'freak' aspect, it just feels fucked up and miserable, a little disoriented. A breakdown of a fledgeling who chokes on his tears as he grabs another victim, dribbling his vampire boogers all over the throat while drinking them and the blood simultaneously, who fucking cares. It's grossness of gritty vampire life without the primality.
Vampire personification - Kathleen Conklin (The Addiction)

5.5/10

This is pretty hefty, very caveman-esque. Simplistic, but not minimalistic. It's confident in its ability to satisfy the thirst, that's just the fucking way it is. Music was alright but I've heard the idea expanded more expertly. Also there's an easter egg as to whom submitted this in the comments from seven years ago, I think.
Vampire personification - Blade (Blade)

Witchhammer - Transylvania
6.5/10

Fuckin proper. Like, victorian proper, good guy blonde hair on a steed proper. It's a refreshing change, save the world and all that, get the maiden from the dark lord and shit. The music could have used a bit more, it was a bit cookie cutter, but overall it was... proper.
Vampire personification - Angel (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

Helstar - Black Cathedral
9/10

Definitely get the feeling of 'witness my power, mere mortal! Bwahahaha I am darkness incarnate! Fools! I am all powerful, you cannot stop meee!' Badass fucking song regardless, shame they were in a playlist with Iced Earth or they might fare better.
Vampire personification - Dracula (Castlevania)

3/10

Greeeoovy, dug the beginning. The thematic aspect of it, IMO, is lacking. I know those goth weirdos who think they're real vampires and distinguish between a sanguinarian and a psychic vampire will say it still counts but fuck that, man. Fucking bloodsucking is the right way. Besides, it was a really short song with little substance.
Vampire personification - Generic Skeksis (The Dark Crystal)

3/10

Pretty acoustic music, but not excellent, and that would be necessary considering it's instrumental. The stoccatto brought to mind a sort of video game environment, but an old one. It's really hard to stay thematically on point with an instrumental song, this is nice but it's just plain not epic enough. It's not what it needs to be.
Vampire personification - Rayne (Bloodrayne)

Mayhem - Buried By Time and Dust 10/10
I'm not going to downrate this, it's one of the greatest black metal songs ever. 1.27 - 2.43 is just fucking godly. Dark, creepy and unnerving. No other Norwegian black metal album captured the same atmosphere as this one.

Satan - Kiss of Death 9/10
I fucking love Satan. Definitely one of the best NOWBHM bands. This song just slays.

Mütiilation - Tears of a Melancholic Vampire 8/10
Absolutely fucking miserable in a way that only early Mutiilation is. Not as good as Remains... but still classic shit.

Vampire - Night Hunter 6/10
There's nothing bad about this, it just doesn't excite me at all.

Stone Demons - Vampyre 5/10

Iced Earth - Dracula 5/10
Still yet to hear anything that I like by this band.

Necrophagia - Insane for Blood 8.5/10
Filthy and raw early death metal. This album seems to be particularly underrated and ignored in favour of Scream Bloody Gore.

Venom - Countess Bathory 9/10
This was the first Venom track that I heard and I loved it instantly. That chorus is immortal. The recent influx of Venom-worship bands don't come close to this.

Bathory - Woman of Dark Desires 10/10
One of my favourite tracks from this album. Filthy and depraved. Hammerheart hasn't got shit on this.

Church of Misery - Blood Sucking Freak 6.5/10
Surprisingly I quite enjoyed this one. Definitely overlong and the vocals aren't my thing, but the guitar tone and production is cool.

The Ravenous - I Drink Your Blood 6/10
Vocals were the highlight of this and that deadly guitar tone, but I'm not completely sold on it.

Witchhammer - Transylvania 8.5/10

Well shit, this absolutely annihilates! Never even heard of them but I'll definitely be looking into this album. Love how aggressive this is and those hammering drums.

Helstar - Black Cathedral 8.5/10
I'll echo Krow's sentiments that Helstar have no business still being this good. This was all kinds of awesome.

Blood Cult - Psychic Vampire 4/10
Lol what is this?! So bad, but kinda hilarious as well.

Necromantia - Last Song of Valdezie 7/10

Cool outro for the playlist.

Purest evil 8/10

Satan - Kiss of Death
B-grade as fuck but I'm digging the verse groove 6/10

Jesus fuck, really? Sounds like it was recorded with a tape recorder by two 12 year olds in their mothers basement in between crying and cutting themselves. Tears of a melancholic pre-teen. There is not a single redeeming feature here. This is an embarrassment. 0/10

Vampire - Night Hunter
Anything would sound good after that last abomination unto metal, but this is actually pretty good. 7/10

Stone Demons - Vampyr
Plodding goth shit 4/10

Iced Earth - Dracula
Grandiose fists to the sky blandness 4/10

Raw and evil, good shit 7/10

Venom - Countess Bathory
Smells like evil spirits 9/10

Ok 6/10

Huge and filthy, bit long though 8/10