Themed Mixtape Game

Who the fuck submitted that Witchhammer track?! I don't think it was Burgerboy given his review of it and it wasn't you, Krow or Slayed Necros going off your reviews.

Last edited:
Aside from the horror gimmick, the qualities that make up their sound are the qualities that all bands within a subgenre share. That's basically what makes a generic thing generic.

Aside from the horror gimmick, the qualities that make up their sound are the qualities that all bands within a subgenre share. That's basically what makes a generic thing generic.

They don't sound generic at all though. Now you're just talking out of your ass. I've never to this day heard a band that writes warped riffs quite that way with that stalking sound nor have I ever heard a vocalist that sounds like Killjoy.

Who the fuck submitted that Witchhammer track?! I don't think it was Burgerboy given his review of it and it wasn't you or Slayed Necros going off your reviews.

Not saying whether or not I submitted that song, but just for future reference, I've given 7s and maybe even lower to my own submissions before. Patriarch and Martyr were two examples of that, sometimes I like to submit obscure shit for the sake of it and there's no pressure to rate them highly when I know they're not going to win.

Reactions: Phylactery
Well it was mainly that Baroque said it was you in his review, and he's pretty much always wrong about your picks :p.

I also think you submitted a different track anyway. Iced Earth or Vampire.

They don't sound generic at all though. Now you're just talking out of your ass. I've never to this day heard a band that writes warped riffs quite that way with that stalking sound nor have I ever heard a vocalist that sounds like Killjoy.

Outside of the solo I don't hear anything warped in the song in this round. Very plain. Sad!

Being a part of the UM In-Crowd I can safely say that Scream Bloody Gore is only average when compared to the other death metal albums that came out around that time. I'll take Death Strike over it any fucking day.

I don't have anything against Death Strike. Necrophagia was below most of their peers around that time.

Scream Bloody Gore and Leprosy are definitely not just average, even if I personally find both to be overrated and their importance overstated.

Death Strike do rule, though.

Reactions: CiG
The demos were probably always more important in extreme metal than the albums, at least until the 80s ended.

SBG isn't amazing but it's good and deserves its classic status. Leprosy is the only great Death album.