Themed Mixtape Game

Shit. Has anyone got a list of the themes so far beyond those listed on the first post?

For the sake of being comprehensive, I'll list all previous themes:

Mountains, Extraterrestrials, Dragons, Alcohol, Nature, Ancient History, Prominent Guest Appearances, Reincarnation, Mental Illness, H.P. Lovecraft, Eponymous, World Destruction Brought About By Mankind, Cinema, Corruption/Greed, Love, Whores/Sluts, Ambition, Dependence, Literature, Punishment, Gods / Deities, Moorcock, Buildings, Celtic Mythology, Metal, Animals, Samurai, Natural Disasters, Christianity, Occultism, The Sun/Moon, Body Horror, Vampirism.

I was the one keeping score. Give me a while and I'll update my 'mixtape history' file with the most recent rounds.

Mixtape history:

Round #1: Mountains
Winner: CASSETTEISGOD with Bathory – Enter Your Mountain

Round #2: Extraterrestrials
Winner: Baroque with Voivod – We Are Not Alone

Round #3: Dragons
Winner: Master_Yoda77 with Saint Vitus – Dragon Time

Round #4: Alcohol
Winner: EspaDa with Saint Vitus – Dying Inside

Round #5: Nature
Winner: Vegard Pompey with Scald – Night Sky

Round #6: Ancient History
Winner: Omni with Rainbow – Gates of Babylon

Round #7: Prominent Guest Appearances
Winner: Master_Yoda77 with Griftegard – The Four Horsemen

Round #8: Reincarnation
Winner: Satanstoenail with Slayer – Reborn

Round #9: Mental Illness
Winner: Omni with Judas Priest – Beyond the Realms of Death

Round #10: H.P. Lovecraft
Winner: no country for old wainds with Celtic Frost – Morbid Tales

Round #11: Eponymous
Winner: Omni with Saint Vitus – Saint Vitus

Round #12: World Destruction Brought About By Mankind
Winner: no country for old wainds with Sodom – Burst Command 'til War

Round #13: Cinema
Winner: Satanstoenail with Deicide – Dead By Dawn

Round #14: Corruption and Greed
Winner: Master_Yoda77 with Tygers of Pan Tang – Silver and Gold

Round #15: Love
Winner: arg with Slayer – Necrophiliac

Round #16: Whores and Sluts
Winner: Vegard Pompey with Samson – Vice Versa

Round #17: Ambition
Winner: Satanstoenail with Coroner – Semtex Revolution

Round #18: Dependence
Winner: Funerary_Doom with Johnny Touch – Black Company

Round #19: Literature
Winner: HamburgerBoy with Fates Warning – Giant's Lore

Round #20: Punishment
Winner: Phylactery with The Chasm – Storm of Revelations

Round #21: Gods / Deities
Winner: Elric of Melniboné with Deströyer 666 – I Am the Wargod

Round #22: Michael Moorcock
Winner: Vegard Pompey with At the Gates – City of Screaming Statues

Round #23: Buildings
Winner: Serjeant Grumbles with King Diamond – A Mansion in Darkness

Round #24: Celtic Mythology
Winner: EspaDa with Primordial – Sons of the Morrigan

Round #25: Metal
Winner: Krow with Venom – Black Metal

Round #26: Animals
Winner: Talos of Atmora with Exodus – Piranha

Round #27: Samurai
Winner: dwellerINTHEdark with Sabbat – Samurai Zombie

Round #28: Major Weather Events / Natural Disasters
Winner: arg with Demolition Hammer – Cataclysm (lol)

Round #29: Christianity
Winner: Slayed Necros with Immolation – Nailed to Gold

Round #30: Occultism
Winner: EspaDa with Morbid Angel – Immortal Rites

Round #31: The Sun and the Moon
Winner: Slayed Necros with Incantation – The Ibex Moon

Round #32: Body Horror
Winner: Serjeant Grumbles with Death – Leprosy

Round #33: Vampirism
Winner: Satanstoenail with Venom – Countess Bathory

High score:

Satanstoenail – 4
EspaDa – 3
Master_Yoda77 – 3
Omni – 3
Vegard Pompey – 3
arg – 2
no country for old wainds – 2
Serjeant Grumbles – 2
Slayed Necros – 2
Baroque – 1
CASSETTEISGOD – 1
dwellerINTHEdark – 1
Elric of Melniboné – 1
Funerary_Doom – 1
HamburgerBoy – 1
Krow – 1
Phylactery – 1
Talos of Atmora – 1

Seems the only winners you guys can agree on lately are tunes that are already entrenched in the metal canon. I wish you were harsher on 'obvious' picks.

Pompey you need to get your ass back in these games. Hope you've submitted something for this one.

I'm also quite shocked that we've made it through 33 rounds.

Yeah, I haven't played for a while. I didn't have anything good to submit for the past three rounds. But this time I did! I'm quite excited to get back into it. I'd like to win again too, because there's a theme I really want to do. Definitely not happening this round though...

Reactions: Phylactery
i could start being harsher i suppose. i don't much like giving shitty scores to songs i rly like though. i've typically been knocking off a couple points.

Generally my policy has been to dock 1-3 points for obviousness and also to award a bonus point to songs I really like that I haven't heard of before.

Of course he says this right after I submit my first "obvious pick" since like round 2

I wasn't criticizing you specifically, I wasn't even aware of what you'd submitted. I'm not above submitting canonized stuff myself; I submitted Iron Maiden for the literature round and I won a round with At the Gates. But I do try to go for obscure stuff most of the time.

Reactions: CiG
Generally my policy has been to dock 1-3 points for obviousness and also to award a bonus point to songs I really like that I haven't heard of before.

I wasn't criticizing you specifically, I wasn't even aware of what you'd submitted. I'm not above submitting canonized stuff myself; I submitted Iron Maiden for the literature round and I won a round with At the Gates. But I do try to go for obscure stuff most of the time.

Nah I'm not taking it personal lol. Just ironic that I've been saying for a long time people should pick non-obvious things, lost every time. now people want non-obvious things when i switched back to obvious things to try and win one

I'd like to win again. I had to submit a The Chasm song when HamburgerBoy was hosting to get my sole victory. But a lot of The Chasm fans here didn't even vote in that round and I don't think you gave it a particularly high score Pompey, so I'm not sure how I still won.

It's maybe unfamiliarity with the lyrics/subject matter of more obscure songs as well as to why we get more obvious picks.

I've gone with a rather obvious band this time, however, the song isn't at all obvious for this theme I don't think and this band hasn't been in the game before.

Since this theme is much more open to interpretation, I'm currently edging as I wait to shoot my 0/10s all over inevitable bad interpretations this playlist.

nature and natural disasters are pretty fucking sameshit lol so yea cataclysm was duplicated can't remember every song ever played lol