Themed Mixtape Game

Currently sitting at 12 submissions. I'd like to get the list up in the next 10 hours or so, so anyone who wants in and hasn't submitted please get your skates on.

Artillery - Show your Hate 9/10 like these guys a lot. Awesome song, chock full of riffs, blazing solo, great start to the list
Niden Div. 187 - Hate 6/10 never been a fan of black metal.......at all. But based solely on the song.
Sigh - Desolation 6.5/10 a little different, kept me somewhat interested
Necromass Sadomatic Orgy of Hate 4/10 just noise to me
Emperor - Into The Infinity Of Thoughts 7/10 .......again with the black metal, but I am familar with this album. Had a buddy who was into this when it came out and listened to it endlessly. Nostalgia might be affecting my score a little on this one :err:
Jag Panzer Generally Hostile 8/10 Awesome
Anaal Nathrakh - When Humanity Is Cancer 5/10 bruuutal, but not for me
Carnivore - Race War 10/10 great band, great album, great song. Takes the cake for me "EVERYBODY'S GONNA DIE!!!!"
Ratos De Porao - (All I Need Is) Hatred 9.5/10 riff fest! Another great band
Memento Mori - The seeds of hatred 8.5/10 really enjoyed it! If I remember correctly had ties to Hexenhaus or something.

Malevolent Creation - Slaughter of Innocence 9/10 awesome!
Depressive Age - Hateful Pride 9.5/10 not familiar with these guys either but thought it was great.
Sadistik Exekution - Fukking Death 6.5/10 decent
Witchfinder General - Invisible Hate 8/10 mildly familiar with, pretty damn good

Overall some great songs. Enjoyed this list a lot

Artillery - Show your Hate

Powerful. Kinda makes me wish I had submitted Tank as originally planned, pure fuck up the enemy because you want to, license to kill, this is what we all dream of. Don your fuckin armor, chew your cigar, take cover from their fire. Spit it out with a smile, lock and load you sons of bitches, we were born for this and this is what we all dream of.

Niden Div. 187 - Hate

Couldn’t pay attention, listened again and I guess there was music playing but it was utterly ignorable, even if not terrible.

Sigh - Desolation

Sigh does good work, this is definitely menacing and has a nice touch of their bells and whistles. Fuckin kill. Feel it. Stalk, wait, contain yourself…. then destroy everything, and still it’s not enough, that lump in the pit of your stomach, that pure raging angst is still thick and tendrils still rip through every nerve, so you kill again, and then you kill many at once, and still it’s never enough, till finally you’re standing on the dusty plains of desolation, alone, rampaging against the unfeeling sands themselves with nothing to destroy and that lump is your ever superior nemesis.

Necromass Sadomatic Orgy of Hate

With a track name involving the word orgy you would think this was sexy. But it isn’t. Call me a fuckin stickler but don’t just throw words into the title itself that set the scene for furious murder fucking and then just be all about muted hate. Where’s the FUCK YEAH KILL! Then fuck it! Then kill it again! Idk, I’m disappointed. Not furious enough, and then it even gets… pretty? Wtf mate.

Emperor - Into The Infinity Of Thoughts

Not hate-filled. It’s almost too whirling and churning. It’s not rage, it’s more like the tip of anger spinning into confusion and self-destruction. True hate stays it’s course, it sprouts wings when down a well and rips the stones from the walls as it plummets upwards, exploding on the scene like a god. If there’s churning, it’s the fucking oceans as Poseidon cowers. This song speaks of lost control and even regret. It’s a decent track, but in the context of Emperor’s potential to slay this theme, it’s pathetic.

Jag Panzer Generally Hostile

Not powerful enough. It’s too indifferent, the title itself tells you that. If you’re generally hostile, can you ever feel true hate? And if it is indeed all the time, will you be whimsical and star-studded? That’s the problem here. It’s too fun, and if hatred is to be fun, it needs to be sadistic. This isn’t sadistic enough, it’s too knight in shining armor battling the evil. A good song, but this is a theme I care about, and it doesn’t embody it at all.

Anaal Nathrakh - When Humanity Is Cancer

Fuckin pissed, man. Running you the fuck down, it’s like a torrent of boulders raining from the sky and crushing to the ground only to crack open, seeping poisonous gases all across the masses, taking any survivors of the initial slaughter from broken bodies to boiling disgusting carcasses. It’s furious, it’s quick, and it’s wrathful. There’s no exceptions, fed the fuck up.

Carnivore - Race War

Real fucking shame about the band, because he has a great hate voice at times. It’s just not working. It’s too contemplative. Not tactical, just stopping in the middle of slaughter, wondering, what am I doing? Why all this needless violence. FUCK THAT, my guy. Stop thinking. Is your hatred true? Do you want a race war? Do you believe in yourself, and the albeit misled cause of your own color triumphing? This isn’t a ‘fuck prejudice’ theme, it’s hate, and in that context there is nothing worse than a second guessing racist.

Ratos De Porao - (All I Need Is) Hatred

Neat intro. Went downhill about halfway through, too tough guy. The music was cool but those vocals just instantly make me think of someone trying and wanting you to see.

Memento Mori - The seeds of hatred

It starts off like fuck, this guy’s just way too consistently sad to stay on theme here. But it builds. What was a pathetic sprinkling of seeds in a small pot grows and grows, he will join them! It’s human. This is a dude we all know. This is a soft soul, slightly inconvenienced, then irritated, and the song ends on the crescendo of a legitimate hatred born. It’s what’s untold. It’s the prequel, the process before the massacre, the evolution of so many other songs on this list.

Malevolent Creation - Slaughter of Innocence

There’s some fantastic one liners here. My visual is this person just like ‘FUCK. GOD DAMMIT.’ Breaking shit for awhile. Stabs a dude. ‘FUCK I’M DRUNK’. Stabs his friend. ‘UGHHH’. It’s not godlike, it’s just a little elementary, someone who lost control and didn’t mean to initially. Decent enough track though.

Depressive Age - Hateful Pride

This man cannot falsetto, but he’s trying. He is not using his natural voice, I feel. And this is really gay. The music was bad and he was bad and having the word hate in the track title isn’t evidence of being thematic, read the fucking lyrics, you did a bad job.

Sadistik Exekution - Fukking Death

Lol hilarious. Also great though, a roiling soup of souls dragging entrails. It makes me think of the hatred the dead have for the living, it’s almost envious, it’s not hate on principle, it’s hate on selfishness. It’s gross tortured resentment, the only distraction. The fucking fires burn, the maggots feast, but rather than fix all that FUCK YOU! FUCKING FUCK YOU!

Witchfinder General - Invisible Hate

Too rock n roll. Just read the jag panzer review, it’s the same problem. Not all bands can demonstrate all emotions or ideas, and these are made for either an epic or fuck it drink some beer vibe.

into the infinity of thoughts a hate themed song? not entirely agree

Hatred is defintely a theme explored in this song.

"I will grind my hatred upon the loved ones, despair will be brought upon the hoping children of happiness"

"Wherever there is joy the hordes of the eclipse shall produce sadness and hate."

But even less obvious lines such as:

"In the name of the almighty Emperor I will ride the Lands in pride,
carrying the Blacksword at hand, in warfare."

And let's not forget that early Norwegian black metal was a product of the hatred and disgust they felt at moderninity.

But it's not going to win anyway. I mainly submitted it because even early Emperor seems to be underrated on this forum, and I was hoping some reviews would give an insight into why that is.

Last edited: