things you hate with a passion

No, I hear it a lot too. Every kid that I hear talk about music is always talking about Bring Me The Horizon. I don't get what is so good about them. I find them to be complete crap. I hope this dies down. Another one that was a big hype in my school was a Job For A Cowboy. I don't see what they seen in them either. I hope this hype goes away, soon. And if it does, I will hand out prizes.

Yeah, I literally know no one, outside of these forums, who actually listens to real metal. My school is mostly made up of emos, scene kids and chavs, or neds as we call them in Scotland. You may find the odd kid who listens to some groove metal but that's about it.

Yeah, I literally know no one, outside of these forums, who actually listens to real metal. My school is mostly made up of emos, scene kids and chavs, or neds as we call them in Scotland. You may find the odd kid who listens to some groove metal but that's about it.

I know how you feel. Like, me and probably about 3 other people (I know of) listen to real metal out of my school. And I have not talked to everyone in my school because it is probably impossible, but they way most walk around, talk, and just act, you can tell they are whiny Emo/Scene kids. Mainly all the Freshmen and Sophmores are that. It's annoying and a little repulsive (to me). But people are people, so there is not much I can do, but try to stand them and go on with my life.

I now officially hate scene kids more than ever.

Okay, so today I was in my Business Management class and I hear this scene chick say someone at my school is starting a new band. I wasn't really interested in the conversation at first but then I hear her say that the band is going to play "that disgusting real metal". This is bad enough but do you know what example she gave of a real metal band? Suicide Silence. I know it sounds pretty typical of a scene kid but this is the first time I've actually heard one openly insult metal and then try to say a deathcore band is real metal. I actually listen to a few select deathcore bands but you can't possibly compare them to real death metal. And finally, to top it all off, they actually said that people don't have the right to listen to whatever music they like just because they don't like it.

Okay, so today I was in my Business Management class and I hear this scene chick say someone at my school is starting a new band. I wasn't really interested in the conversation at first but then I hear her say that the band is going to play "that disgusting real metal". This is bad enough but do you know what example she gave of a real metal band? Suicide Silence. I know it sounds pretty typical of a scene kid but this is the first time I've actually heard one openly insult metal and then try to say a deathcore band is real metal. I actually listen to a few select deathcore bands but you can't possibly compare them to real death metal. And finally, to top it all off, they actually said that people don't have the right to listen to whatever music they like just because they don't like it.

I'm with you brother. I never listen to new mainstream metal bands (mostly certain metalcore and nu metal bands) , it's all pussy, watered down, whiny bullshit.

:cry::cry:

Scene kids are embarrassed to call their bands what they are in this town, so they tell their friends they play something else. Perfect example - We had an experimental screamo band named Runsfasterscared telling everyone they were a cybergrind band.