This forum is gonna get shut down

SILENT(_)SCREAM said:
worse than now??:OMG:
Yeah, I do think that it was worse. First off, there were no regulars back then. Second, this place was flooded with "what tooth paste does Alexi use" type of comments.

bobvex said:
The only people being outright jackasses all the time are gavin, elysian, Hylian, and a couple others. I'm not gonna ban them, it's just that their threads are the ones that i have to sort out. the idiot newb threads i lock after some one gives the answer, but i shouldn't have to tell the older and more mature members here about this shit.

I guess maybe my head is shoved up certain folks arses so I can't see the light and error of their ways or something, but it's not like them being 'jackasses' is something that clogs up the on topic part of the forum. I know you've got your job to do and certain rules to stick to being a mod and what not, but stuff they do is hardly killing anyone or anything and makes the board alot more fun to look at. I'm far from being a prude, but I don't see what's so terrible about what they do when you and your wench come on drunk so you can both make threads with her tits all over the place. :err:

Hylian said:
A stinking pile of fanboys and "omg, I want to have Alexi's babies" groupies. I barely even came here back then -- I made most of my posts at the Sinergy board. Most of the old regulars here at the CoB Board actually came from the Sinergy one.

I joined here when it was an unofficial UM board it was about the same.

So it will be boring and dull now? You know Bob, most of these comments are sarcastic anyways.

Seems like it would be easier to remove this forum from the rectum of CoB and put it somewhere else than telling a ton of regulars to stop being the way they are.

Sarcasm is fine until it becomes the norm, ya know? Everyone, it's possible to have fun in off-topic without trashing the band week in and week out. I'd much rather keep off-topic here but I am being asked to shut it down, and to keep it, I think asking VERY LITTLE from you all is the easiest way to solve this.

Up to you all.

MetalAges said:
Sarcasm is fine until it becomes the norm, ya know? Everyone, it's possible to have fun in off-topic without trashing the band week in and week out. I'd much rather keep off-topic here but I am being asked to shut it down, and to keep it, I think asking VERY LITTLE from you all is the easiest way to solve this.

Up to you all.
MetalAges, it's true that some of us (myself included) were going a bit over the top and abusing this forum. Most of these things have actually been discussed with the COB Webmaster in another thread today (before this one was even started) and I believe that we have all come to an agreement. You can read those posts here, starting around post 84.

MetalAges said:

Up to you all.
count me in
i even removed the AYDY bashing signature :p

MetalAges said:

Up to you all.

You're right actually.

However, does offtopic have to be moderated?

Is there any way you could split this off from CoB to it's own section or what?