This new vocalist...

builtlowj said:
After all this discussion, and observing everyone's bantering back and fourth I can't help but still bet annoyed with you, Bluesky, every single time you post. NO, not because you don't like certain parts Stu does. That's your call. I don't agree, but you are entitled to that opinion. I'm sure he doesn't give a rats ass if people don't like it.

But... you keep telling us your opinion as if it's fact. Even then I don't really care, you're just some dude on a message board, so it's not like I'm getting my shit tied in a knot over this. I guess it's just annoying because it feels like you're trying to tell them what to do. Or that what they did is, in FACT, wrong and should not have been done. That is retarded. That is the only thing that ever really got anyone defensive on this board and yet ya still continue to do it.

Some clarity, is all I ask. ;)
"sounds pretty right in my head"

"I feel that his vocal"

"I personally think the tone sucks"

"yet I feel"

and like I said there is no truth to music so truth is what you make it; which pretty much applies to any aspect of life. Which also means everything I said was a personal opinion and I took it even further for people like you and added that this is how "I feel" but I guess maybe I needed to put it all in caps for people who miss the obvious.
Marlies said:
Hey Justin! What took YOU so long to appear here?!

I hope that by now everyone has said their thing *yawn* ;)

BlueSky, since you apologized about the joke part in the title, I took the liberty of taking it out, because it looks a bit nicer in the headlines that appear on the band website. I just put a newsmessage up that I'm not updating the site for the next 3-4 weeks and put the 10 most recent code underneath it (so people check the forum for news in the meanwhile).
That's good. I definitely wish them the best luck on this cd since they definitely deserve it.

I like the whole dark electronicaish idustrial thing going on in the intro track. What do you guys think of them maybe adding those elements into some of their songs? I think that would be great.:)

p.s. I've also said everything I feel I've needed to say about the whole vox subject so it would be nice to move on.

Yeah bluesky, I guess you did start going that way near the end. My appologies. I guess maybe reading all the posts at once doesn't help. lol

Hey Marlies!!

Yeah, I know. I've been observing on here for about a month... finally felt like posting... ended up regretting even bothering. LOL Oh well. Arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics... even if you win you're still retarded.

But I guess I'm on now so HI! Thanks for the wicked site for these guys. You're going to be in Regina soon eh? I should try to visit ya.

no arguments man just people conversing about a great band(at least that's how I look at it.) No apologies needed.

BlueSky said:
I like the whole dark electronicaish idustrial thing going on in the intro track. What do you guys think of them maybe adding those elements into some of their songs? I think that would be great.:)
I like the little intro to there first CD, very Power Metal :kickass:

I wish they would have kept the keyboardist...of course it doen't really fit but there needs to be more keyboardist.

BlueSky said:
"sounds pretty right in my head"

"I feel that his vocal"

"I personally think the tone sucks"

"yet I feel"

and like I said there is no truth to music so truth is what you make it; which pretty much applies to any aspect of life. Which also means everything I said was a personal opinion and I took it even further for people like you and added that this is how "I feel" but I guess maybe I needed to put it all in caps for people who miss the obvious.
That's good. I definitely wish them the best luck on this cd since they definitely deserve it.

p.s. I've also said everything I feel I've needed to say about the whole vox subject so it would be nice to move on.

Nice to move on! Yes!, but the thread is on the vocalist :p

builtlowj said:
But I guess I'm on now so HI! Thanks for the wicked site for these guys. You're going to be in Regina soon eh? I should try to visit ya.

Thanks! And yeah, we fly to Calgary tomorrow morning (this is probably my last check up, then you guys are in BabyDuck's hands;)) and we'll be in Regina Oct. 18-25

You can follow our travel here:
http://wobben.whereareyou.net

:Smokin:

Everything is subjective.

Except the fact that Stu is an amazing singer.
In my mind, he is the greatest thing to happen to IE, and opens up a new level of possibilites for the band.

one of my favorite things on TSOA is stus vocals, so why do you think your opinion is the way it should be , the new album is amazing. The only Complaint i have is the production sounds weak, compared to BiO

i feel stu is also dedicated to into e just as much as tim, everyone else left roth and i feel stu will remain the singer for awhile, and same with troy....I just wish jim will stay....

IntoPhagist said:
one of my favorite things on TSOA is stus vocals, so why do you think your opinion is the way it should be , the new album is amazing. The only Complaint i have is the production sounds weak, compared to BiO
The production is by faaaar the best yet hands down. andy is the man in that field.

IntoPhagist said:
The only Complaint i have is the production sounds weak, compared to BiO
production is top notch except for slight mixing problems with the drums and the rest of the mix, but this is small stuff i am talking about, it still beats the hell out of BiO and how you think its not as good makes me wonder why? care to inform me?

zmetallica said:
production is top notch except for slight mixing problems with the drums and the rest of the mix, but this is small stuff i am talking about, it still beats the hell out of BiO and how you think its not as good makes me wonder why? care to inform me?
The drums do seem a bit high in the mix but it also gives a lot of power to the songs.

zmetallica said:
i just got the CD in the mail sounds better than i remember, but the kick drum specifically is a bit loud in the mix. its a thing of preferance really. andy usually makes the kick stand out.
It's funny how much faster people at shows think the kick is when it's louder cuz it's miced on a pa system or higher in the mix on the cd. He's been working on his feet though but the rest of his performance is less technical and more straight forward.

I'm the opposite, i think some of those high notes are too high and don't really fit. sometimes they just send a cold, unwanted shiver down my spine

But he does wear Thor's Hammer around his neck...

wow this reminds me of when bruce dickinson replaced paul dianno, the term air raid siren was not a compliment...still bruce showed that he was an amazing singing and took the band to reach its true potential.

Stu Block is undisputeld an amazing singer and suits the band