Thought About People Leaving Before Nevermore

Nevermore ranks in the top 3 bands in Prog Power history!!!! Hands down!!!
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I hope people leave for Nevermore....It will make it an even more intimate show, then Prog Power already is.........:worship: :worship: :worship:

And if there was still any doubt, a quick peek over at the Nevermore forum will reveal there are a number of people planning to go SOLELY for Nevermore this year. Er, ok maybe not a quick peek, as On Topic stuff is sometimes difficult to dig up over there, but trust me, it's there ;)

ROFL!!!!

The floor won't be as crowded, and I hear that Jessica Simpson is playing the same night. You might be able to catch the end of that show.

I saw them at Gwinnett and it was good though I have seen them sound much better, it was still good.

Gunstar9 said:
I saw Nevermore in Gwinette. I'd never heard them before and they amazed me! My first impression was a next generation Queensryche. Both bands are from Seattle and sometimes Warrel Dane sounds like Geoff Tate.
Gunstar9 said:
dude, this post cracked me up.... i understand the majority does not care for the moshing thing and i really don't care either way...but your sarcasm here is killing me..... nudity will probably be welcome if you are a female since it is mostly men.... and hmmmm...making out with hot metal chicks....
i hope that is not banned either.... :)

What's the deal with the "no moshing" rule? I didn't see anything about that on the main site. Come to think of it, I didn't see any rules on the main site. Is there a rule against nudity? A rule against making out with hot metal chicks? Was there a rule that nerds couldn't sing along with their favorite Blind Guardian songs. I can understand no hardcore dancing... but no moshing? It's like a "no headbanging" rule.

"This is an elite show with an elite audience. You have been warned."
Let's make this quote really mean something.

Aaarrrggg... I need a hotel near the venue that's cheap and can fit 4 people. I also need to find a party. What's a good mall with a good CD store in the Atlanta area? What's a good CD store in the Atlanta area?

Wow I'm off topic...

i can see some similarities i guess...i see more with Judas Priest or even with Dane's higher vocals maybe King Diamond.....

Gunstar9 said:
Glenn:

Doesn't anyone agree that there are similarities between Queensryche and Nevermore?

Harvester said:
I *will* have them back in the future. I love their stuff and they are a great bunch of guys.

Glenn H.

That's great to hear as I think they were one of the best acts to ever grace the PP stage. I would love to see them in a 75 minute 4 slot (especially after their Christ o release!)

nightwish58 said:
That's great to hear as I think they were one of the best acts to ever grace the PP stage. I would love to see them in a 75 minute 4 slot (especially after their Christ o release!)

I'm in agreement here...Andy, Stephan & the rest of the guys deserve much more respect than they are probably given. Very professional & give a performance with a technical expertise than astounds just about all the see them. With Christ 0 ( a concept released based on "The Count of Monte Cristo", headlining status is sure to come.

Ascension said:
I'm in agreement here...Andy, Stephan & the rest of the guys deserve much more respect than they are probably given. Very professional & give a performance with a technical expertise than astounds just about all the see them. With Christ 0 ( a concept released based on "The Count of Monte Cristo", headlining status is sure to come.

Me three. Actually I'd love to see them in the headliner slot, or a slot #4 that gets 90 minutes. But you wouldn't hear me complaining if they got 75 minutes either. :) It's wonderful to hear that Vanden Plas will be back in the future, and I'll hope for the near future (say, PPVIII?).

But Ascension...I don't know how Vanden Plas would be a bigger draw in the U.S. than Nevermore. I love VP - they're one of my favorite bands and Nevermore, who I do like and respect, doesn't come close. But I think Nevermore does lot better than VP here in the states. Vanden Plas has been here once and when I spoke to them at PPIV, it's almost unthinkable to them that they would be able to come here and tour, though they wanted to. My impression is that they tend to fly under the radar a bit even in Europe.

As for Nevermore this year, they weren't my first choice as a Prog Power band, and this isn't my favorite line up overall. But it's done now, and I do think they will do very well. They really do put on a good show - maybe give them a song or two - sometimes a band can surprise you.

rottingflesh said:
ROFL!!!!

The floor won't be as crowded, and I hear that Jessica Simpson is playing the same night. You might be able to catch the end of that show.

Dammit - how did this happen? Who scheduled first? Surely JS people should have known the ProgPower dates, I just cannot see Glenn doing this to us - forcing people to choose like this. it must just be one of those freak accidents.

ARGH! - Decisions, decisions - Nevermore or Jessica Simpson. Well, I guess as long as Warrel doesnt come out wearing Daisy Dukes I'll stay for Nevermore :):headbang:

Jeff

If anyone leaves before Nevermore comes on, they'll be missing probably one of most talented bands at the show. But not only that, probably the MOST ORIGINAL band. There is way too much power metal and prog metal bands cloning each other out there.

lady_space said:
Good God, man, have some compassion for those of us with really good, visual imaginations!!! o_O

Sometimes I don't realize the strength of my own twisted imagination- hmmm, wonder if I can work that into one of the stories I have been working on LOL. Wow - I wonder if my imagination had any effect on my newly single status :)

Schmeg said:
If anyone leaves before Nevermore comes on, they'll be missing probably one of most talented bands at the show. But not only that, probably the MOST ORIGINAL band. There is way too much power metal and prog metal bands cloning each other out there.

Yeah because there's none of that in death, black, goth & thrash metal. :Smug: