Thought About People Leaving Before Nevermore

metamorphosis said:
Yeah because there's none of that in death, black, goth & thrash metal. :Smug:

Well there are a ton of death, black, goth and thrash metal bands. Compared to say... the number of Power and Progressive metal bands. I guess I find it ironic that "progressive" bands aren't exactly progressing (moving forward, advancing, developing new sounds and styles). Progressive/Power Metal has sort of become it's own sound that keeps being duplicated. And then I find even more ironic that all the power/progressive metalheads love all these bands that sound alike to me. Then when someone like Pain of Salvation comes around, that has a distinct sound, they're so turned off. It's just strange.

Schmeg said:
Well there are a ton of death, black, goth and thrash metal bands. Compared to say... the number of Power and Progressive metal bands.
I think you and metamorphosis are both correct. There aren't any genres, Metal or otherwise, in which originality is in surplus. With the exception of those who don't like Nevermore because of Warrell's distinct voice, I simply can't understand someone being a fan of Power Metal and not worshipping :worship:Nevermore:worship:.

Zod

General Zod said:
I think you and metamorphosis are both correct. There aren't any genres, Metal or otherwise, in which originality is in surplus. With the exception of those who don't like Nevermore because of Warrell's distinct voice, I simply can't understand someone being a fan of Power Metal and not worshipping :worship:Nevermore:worship:.

Well, I think it may depend on what "kind" of power metal... I can see those who are nuts over Helloween and those sorts of bands not liking Nevermore. But I can't stand *that* stuff, so what do I know?

That said, Nevermore has just got it all: great guitars, a fantastic rhythm section, Warrell's voice (/melts), thought-provoking lyrics and one of the few more-or-less unique sounds in metal these days.

Okay, enough worshipping at the altar of Dane for me today! :p

Shaye

Of all the bands on the bill for PPVII, to be honest i know the least about NEVERMORE, but after downloading and listening to the samples, i will say i am impressed. Will i stay for their set, yes, just for the chance to bascially give them a chance. I don't rule out any metal genre until i have listened a few times. If i don't stay it won't be because of them.

Harvester said:
Go to Youtube.com and do a search for Nevermore. You can watch all of their videos including the awesome, "Believe in Nothing."

Glenn H.
I hope you wrote into their contract that they MUST perform 'Believe In Nothing'...:D

Harvester said:
Go to Youtube.com and do a search for Nevermore. You can watch all of their videos including the awesome, "Believe in Nothing."

Glenn H.
Okay, my man i am sold. I will definetly stay for the whole set. Awesome. his voice damnnnnnnnnnnnn.:OMG:

My thought on people leaving before Nevermore:

I don't care who leaves, or at what time they choose to do so. The only presence I am concerned about is that of myself and whatever band is onstage at the time. Its almost as if some people take it personal when people leave during their favorite band.

If you are there to see Nevermore, then it shouldnt matter one bit if anyone leaves. And that should apply to any band.

rockyracoon said:
My thought on people leaving before Nevermore:

I don't care who leaves, or at what time they choose to do so. The only presence I am concerned about is that of myself and whatever band is onstage at the time. Its almost as if some people take it personal when people leave during their favorite band.

If you are there to see Nevermore, then it shouldnt matter one bit if anyone leaves. And that should apply to any band.

I agree with you to an extent, and you really can't control what people do other than yourself. But if you have any emotional attachment to a band you really love, it makes you feel bad when a crowd thins out and you know that there are less people there than there should be. You want more people to feel the thrill of seeing an uncontrollable, awesome, soul-strirring band on stage (such as Nevermore).

I also agree that there is a natural thinning-out process for the last band of the weekend, so I expect there will be some people gone. But I really believe that this will be the most packed 10th slot ever, IMO.

i agree too...but Walter, you are right...i felt so bad for nevermore after Opeth years ago because they deserved a chance at least... but i can also say i am guilty of leaving after a band i like because it is a week night....so...just sucks... i usually at least try to watch one song to make an opinion though....

Walter_Langkowski said:
I agree with you to an extent, and you really can't control what people do other than yourself. But if you have any emotional attachment to a band you really love, it makes you feel bad when a crowd thins out and you know that there are less people there than there should be. You want more people to feel the thrill of seeing an uncontrollable, awesome, soul-strirring band on stage (such as Nevermore).

I also agree that there is a natural thinning-out process for the last band of the weekend, so I expect there will be some people gone. But I really believe that this will be the most packed 10th slot ever, IMO.

I, for one, am pretty disappointed overall in the bands this year.

But it matters not one whit and I will stay to the end (although opeth was damn near unbearable last year).

Part of the 'magic' of PP and part of what has brought me back is the 'discovering' new bands leading up to and during the concert.

A couple of years ago, at my first PP, I had never heard of Tad Morose. Didn't know a song. But they ruled during the show, blew me away, and I'm a fan now.

That taught me to trust in Glenn to get the quality bands, and to give each band it's open-minded shot to enjoy the heck outa their music.

So, I'm not much for many of the bands this year, and Nevermore is WAY down the list... but I'm psyched for the trip and the show. Honestly, if nothing else, wouldn't you want to stay just to see what the others who ARE excited about the band's headlining are all about!?!
JP

Creeps said:
Eegads why is everyone making such a fuss over such a kick-ass band??!?!? Like it was said before me, Nevermore is pure FN metal. I think Nevermore and Arch Enemy are 2 of the most important bands in metal now. Make sure you read what I typed before burning me at the stake.. key word "OF".

Radge ruled, those that didn't stay missed out.. -nuff said. Will there be a repeat of that happening? I highly doubt it.

I guess it's different for all of us.....for me, I just like a different kind of music. The people that are upset or disappointed, are that way because of the bands that have played PPUSA the last five years. I like heavy music and melodic, and prog. But I like great vocals and I've turned away from many bands over the years that had average or bad singers. Even Glenn seems to have a "sweet tooth" most of the time for good vox. Most of this years line up doesn't work for me. My buddies and I are actually thinking about just coming up for Evergrey. Nevermore does not work for me. This year may be for others.

Meanmistreator said:
I My buddies and I are actually thinking about just coming up for Evergrey. Nevermore does not work for me. This year may be for others.

You may come up just for Evergrey, but I guarantee you will leave having enjoying the hell out of another band. I'll guarantee it with free tickets for next year if you aren't satisfied.

Glenn H.

metamorphosis said:
Well here's hoping that next year we get headliners that actually are power metal or prog metal bands.

It's not in the budget. Do you know how much money a "prog" headliner costs? Not to mention visas for those "power" bands. LOL HA HA:tickled: :tickled:

Poison - Sucks

Schmeg said:
If anyone leaves before Nevermore comes on, they'll be missing probably one of most talented bands at the show. But not only that, probably the MOST ORIGINAL band. There is way too much power metal and prog metal bands cloning each other out there.

Stuff like this scares the shit out of me!:yell: :D