Thoughts on A sense of purpose

I'm not saying R2R didn't have any metaphors, either, it just had less, and they weren't as well thought out as the stuff before it. The title track, Minus, Dismiss the Cynics, Black & White & Dark Signs all have some fantastic lyrics. The rest of the songs, less so imo.

What about Trigger? "From green to red, our days pass by, waiting for a sign to tell us why are we dancing all alone?"

If you do, I will "channel the pain through this, the paper, the pen, your eyes." (no homo)

tumblr_lje6mgpBVm1qfeely.gif

What about Trigger? "From green to red, our days pass by, waiting for a sign to tell us why are we dancing all alone?"

Sounds like a nursery rhyme :D what does the green to red signify? Has it just been put there and a pretext to 'days pass by' to generate a rhyme for why? :D

The lyrics for Trigger aren't terrible, anyway. They're just not great. Problem is that red doesn't really signify death, traditionally. Black does. But "green to black" doesn't carry the same melody as "green to red" ... hmmm ... ;)

Cloud Connected on the other hand :D

'Sick and tired of ALL YOUR COMPLAINTS :mad: !!!!'

and Metaphor ... "you taught me to be sad as you, you almost made me take it all :("

It's just all very blunt :D STYE was the worst for blunt, uninspired lyrics though.

"I like you better dead, and i'm better off alone!!!!!!!!!!!"

:rolleyes: :D

The lyrics for Trigger aren't terrible, anyway. They're just not great.

Cloud Connected on the other hand :D

'Sick and tired of ALL YOUR COMPLAINTS :mad: !!!!'

and Metaphor ... "you taught me to be sad as you, you almost made me take it all :("

It's just all very blunt :D STYE was the worst for blunt, uninspired lyrics though.

"I like you better dead, and i'm better off alone!!!!!!!!!!!"

:rolleyes: :D

One, I think the line "Cloud connected" is just great. Two, Metaphor you have to look at as a whole song and it is amazing. Is it about someone he cares deeply for? Is it a drug problem? Three, it's probably pointless for me to discuss STYE lyrics with you. Haha.

LOL :D

Well, I'll kick open a thread and see what happens! Better than taking the ASOP thread way off topic.