Thoughts on A sense of purpose

The impression that I get from ASOP was that it was rushed. There's a lot of good, interesting ideas present, but they're never expanded upon or given the attention they need. There's all the ingredients for an awesome, hugely enjoyable album, but it comes out half-baked and sounds lazy.

I can't beleive you guys love Come Clarity, that album is poser emo screamo core....with a few decent tracks.

I used to think that CC were IF's best album after Clayman, but now I think it's their worst :S
ASOP is actually OK to my ears now, it's melodic but it is a bit boring. Come Clarity sounds very generic and there aren't any amazing moments in that album...

I used to hate R2R but now somehow it's ranked just closely behind Clayman... I really like the vibe it gives off :|

I'll probably change my mind again in a few months.

I used to think that CC were IF's best album after Clayman, but now I think it's their worst :S
ASOP is actually OK to my ears now, it's melodic but it is a bit boring. Come Clarity sounds very generic and there aren't any amazing moments in that album...

Man, I could not disagree more :D I used to think Come Clarity was kinda poor, but I rate it quite highly now. Leeches, Vacuum, Dead End, and Vanishing Light are great songs, the latter two being up there with the older stuff IMO. Crawl Through Knives competes with all of their 'newer' songs for a pretty high place as well.

I think Anders vocals are surprisingly very very good on CC. The cleans are powerful and strong, and the screams have real power and energy behind them too. Basically the total opposite to ASOP. The guitars are crunchy and up front in the production as well, which is great. Some pretty ferocious drumming from Daniel on the album as well. I've got a lot of time for CC, though I do think its replay value is hurt slightly by the fact the production is so in-your-face that it leaves nothing beneath the surface to discover at a later date.

The only songs on the album which I don't really rate are the title track and Scream.

Well both CC and ASOP aren't exactly my favourite albums but I probably favour ASOP over CC...

There's only 2 tracks in that album that I really like and that Reflect the Storm and Vanishing Light. The rest to me sounds very unoriginal and it sounds as though they didn't put a lot of effort into it. In ASOP, I think IF tried, but didn't get their sound right.

Well both CC and ASOP aren't exactly my favourite albums but I probably favour ASOP over CC...

There's only 2 tracks in that album that I really like and that Reflect the Storm and Vanishing Light. The rest to me sounds very unoriginal and it sounds as though they didn't put a lot of effort into it. In ASOP, I think IF tried, but didn't get their sound right.

I'd say the total opposite tbh. What's not to like about Dead End or Vacuum? Dead End is an amazing mix of melody and brutality, Vacuum is a really old school sounding track.

Man, you gotta listen to Come Clarity again, I cannot accept your opinion :D

Well I've not listened to it for quite a while because I just discovered the awesomeness of R2R and obviously whoring out SOAPF :D

But I'll give CC another go :)

Well I've not listened to it for quite a while because I just discovered the awesomeness of R2R and obviously whoring out SOAPF :D

But I'll give CC another go :)

Great :D and I agree that R2R is a great album. It's funny how years ago, I remember listening to the title track when it first came out and being like :guh: :mad: ?? But now I absolutely love that track, along with most of the rest of the album :D

Fuck you guys!

You made me listen CC again, and now I can't get Scream chorus out of my head.

Oh c'mon, admit it bro, you loved it the moment you saw their haircut and makeup!

Oh c'mon, admit it bro, you loved it the moment you saw their haircut and makeup!

In an alternate universe it's possible a mega-gay emo asshole version of me liked it, but not in this universe chuckles :D

Ah, alternate universe...

ASOP isn't boring whiny shit, you like BVB, I'm not supercool, Korfius hates In Flames, Belmer can't grow beard, Vanilla isn't French, Charade doesn't have a thread, Dantess is a Lunar Strain freak, Jester 313 hates Bottled, Bottled is chosen in top 10 greatest metal riff ever, Daniel has beard, Anders can sing, Anders doesn't have animal torturing voice fetish, Anders doesn't feel like shit and feels nothing, Anders doesn't like ice cream, Anders doesn't have a better plan, Anders doesn't have a better plan, Anders doesn't have a better plan, Anders doesn't have a better plan, Anders doesn't have a better plan, Anders doesn't have a better plan, Anders doesn't have a better plan, Anders doesn't have a better plan...

I don't see how ASOP is whiny? Anders is way more whinier in CC, in ASOP he seemed to control his vocals more.

I used to think CC was the shit when it first came out, same as the top poster^^ and thought it was as good as Clayman blah blah. I guess I bought into the crowd, because I now think it's boring. Dead End, Scream, Come Clarity are three tracks of snoozing...All the tracks sounded like they were inspired by the metalcore scene during the time as if they were being influenced by that :guh: Plus it's like they tried to be cool by making every single track as fast as possible, which IMO didn't work. Atleast ASOP wasn't like this and had variety.

Now atleast we have another In Flames album that's varied in each track. God, wish Anders growls though...He can do them great live, why can't he do a few on album???

I used to hate R2R but now somehow it's ranked just closely behind Clayman... I really like the vibe it gives off :|

I'll probably change my mind again in a few months.

I'm starting to dig Come Clarity again actually.

Reroute > Come Clarity though