Thoughts on A sense of purpose

You should make a t-shirt with the picture from Clay-Man's sig on it. It'd be hilarious :D

So I tried to give this CD a spin and I popped it out in the middle of Sleepless Again.

You should make a t-shirt with the picture from Clay-Man's sig on it. It'd be hilarious :D

Wear that fucker to an In Flames show and see how many people get pissed off.

It fucking sucks.

Every song sucks.

Everybody in the band sounds like shit.

This band has gone to shit.

NP - Embody the Invisible.

It fucking sucks.

Every song sucks.

Everybody in the band sounds like shit.

This band has gone to shit.

NP - Embody the Invisible.

Fuck you too. :)

Anyways, No I will not make a shirt with Clayman's sig on it, even if I wanted to, I'm not good enough at making something like it (no I don't have any printing gear etc, gotta make it with my hands if I'm going to.)

Personally, I enjoyed the album a lot. Of course, I'm not a fan of In Flames' early stuff either. (Clayman is about as far back as i can go.) It's not quite as good as CC, but it's got some great songs.

asop is such a step down from cc. Iv heard the progression from r2r to cc then asop comes out and i suddenly feel depressed and depleted. It lost all intensity that cc had and gave it more singing growls and less high pitched screams bla. Imo this album is a huge step back. I can barley even listen to this album even if i get really really high. i think il take all the best parts of the album and mix it into one mediocre 4 minute song.

I hope that they were just experimenting and that the next album is more intense.

I can understand them trying something new, but if this is their version of Projector then it sounds like shit even if it's just experimenting.

It will be interesting too see what the next album will sound like.. if they go back to more CC style or if they progress asop-way. Either way i think atleast i will think its good. What i think would be an awesome idea is that they should seriously consider blending their old style with their new style.. It would probably bring some fans together and get new fans too like their old style etc.. But i don't think Anders has the capacity to do the vocals..
Just an idea.. But yea it would be weird hearing Jester Race guitars & CC/Asop guitars but i think it would fit TBH.

It will be interesting too see what the next album will sound like.. if they go back to more CC style or if they progress asop-way. Either way i think atleast i will think its good. What i think would be an awesome idea is that they should seriously consider blending their old style with their new style.. It would probably bring some fans together and get new fans too like their old style etc.. But i don't think Anders has the capacity to do the vocals..
Just an idea.. But yea it would be weird hearing Jester Race guitars & CC/Asop guitars but i think it would fit TBH.

You talking kinda like Trivium - Shogun-like fusion here? Where they blended it all into one and got a unique sound.

I dunno, that's kind of a hit/miss then. Some of the worst parts of ASOP are really the chorus...I mean, goddamn! "I'm the highway" would be a killer song without that corny/annoying chorus.

I just miss the intensity...seems like It's all just making it sound smooth and comfortable now. None of that "over-the-top-i'll-break-your-face" kinda stuff. That isn't just In Flames...many other metal bands have been following that phenomena.

You talking kinda like Trivium - Shogun-like fusion here? Where they blended it all into one and got a unique sound.

I dunno, that's kind of a hit/miss then. Some of the worst parts of ASOP are really the chorus...I mean, goddamn! "I'm the highway" would be a killer song without that corny/annoying chorus.

I just miss the intensity...seems like It's all just making it sound smooth and comfortable now. None of that "over-the-top-i'll-break-your-face" kinda stuff. That isn't just In Flames...many other metal bands have been following that phenomena.

Dont know about Trivium.. I dont listen to them i think they're crap.
About ASOP.. I think it was kickass, maybe cause i'm more open to changes or something i dunno. I like all of their albums and 90% of their songs. About ASOP having no energy you are wrong. If you don't like clean vocals you should maybe find another band. On the new album, theres no song i really dislike, unlike Lunar Strain where i only like half the album. Overall i think it was a good album and it will be interesting too see what the next album will sound like.. And im so pumped up for the DVD coming!

I think they'd be best off moving more towards the clean singing and rock style, since that's obviously where they want to go. Roots albums usually sound forced.

I think they'd be best off moving more towards the clean singing and rock style, since that's obviously where they want to go. Roots albums usually sound forced.

I seriously doubt they want to go to rock, or even hardrock style.
I think they are more into experimenting with different stuff these days.

It'd be cool to hear a longer kind of metal song from them, something like a mix of Vacuum and The chosen pessimist, or even better, vacuum and your bedtime story is scaring everyone.

They will never go rock/hard rock lol. I hope you were being sarcastic. They will always be Metal no matter what.

Dont know about Trivium.. I dont listen to them i think they're crap.
About ASOP.. I think it was kickass, maybe cause i'm more open to changes or something i dunno. I like all of their albums and 90% of their songs. About ASOP having no energy you are wrong. If you don't like clean vocals you should maybe find another band. On the new album, theres no song i really dislike, unlike Lunar Strain where i only like half the album. Overall i think it was a good album and it will be interesting too see what the next album will sound like.. And im so pumped up for the DVD coming!

No, I am talking about the riffs and melodies being generic and boring and the drumbeat getting repetitive and yep...i am going to say it! It's not fast enough!

About Trivium, well the point was...they mixed their old,their new and something else into the sound and got a really different sound which actually got rid of many of their haters.

No, I am talking about the riffs and melodies being generic and boring and the drumbeat getting repetitive and yep...i am going to say it! It's not fast enough!

About Trivium, well the point was...they mixed their old,their new and something else into the sound and got a really different sound which actually got rid of many of their haters.

Well i don't think Triviums ''old'' was that different from their new, atleast not as much difference as in flames. It would seriously be weird hearing jester race melodies and like cc/asop melodies, but i dont know, i think they would make it fit somehow, though they wont even consider it ;P

I think leaving choruses out of most/some songs would make the music alot better.

Or even making them longer, it's nothing but annoying that there's about 5 second of catchiness which repeats few times in the song. (etc. Crawl through knives or Drenched in fear.)
(half sarcastically saying though, I don't really care about the choruses usually, but at times they piss me off. :lol:)