tis the season for horror flicks!

carnut said:
CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST !!!
Try to find an uncut copy....you won't be disappointed
scared.gif
Oh yes, Rugero Deodato masterpice, I've trying to get it for years.

If people want to check a very cool website:

http://www.eccentric-cinema.com/

Wyvern said:
Oh, you're talking about "Nightbreed" directed by Clive Barker and with the great David Cronenberg as the psychiatrist.

Speaking of Cronenberg, he's a very well recommended director with stuff like "Scanners", "Videodrome", "The Dead Zone", "The Fly" (remake) and more under his belt.

Nightbreed.. thats the one.. they could of made a sequel to that one but i guess it was best to leave it as be... Dead Zone is another scary one... but the Fly was more disgusting then scary... some others i recommend (there are others but i cant remember the titles):

The Fog
Prom Night I,II & III
Tales from the Darkside (the Movie)
Ghost Story
The Dark Half
In the Mouth of Madness

Trick or Treat - greatest heavy metal horror ever with a fastway soundtrack
Demons - a Dario Argento presents overdubed cheese gore fest of a film and also great soundtrack
Dawn of the Dead (remake) - awesome remake funny as hell and boobies the fat zombie at the start is a cracker
Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama - with a title like that how could it be bad
Undead - newish australian zombie movie some great gore and yes all male cops are like that here
Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers - not really a horror but great late night viewing when the wife is working
Rock Star - nothing is as scary as that shitty ending

Yeah I backup alot of what Connie just suggested. Trick Or Treat, Demons, Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers... awesome flicks! And the Dawn Of The Dead remake is easily the best remake and probably the best recent horror flick in ages. Avoid the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake it was weak, first half started strong then it turned into a typical modern teenage chase slasher/thriller. I'll also add these great films:

Basket Case
Maniac
Bloodsucking Freaks
Tenebrae
Phenomena (aka. Creepers)
Suspiria
Shock (aka. Beyond The Door II)

Those last 4 are Italian, Shock by Mario Bava (Omen style but better than The Omen) and the other 3 by Dario Argento, the master of creating a visual nightmare in his films. Basket Case & Maniac are both underrated low budget horror flicks from the early 80s, both kinda dark & gritty... Basket Case has alot of black comedy though, Maniac has almost no relief though like that its a pretty grim film to watch but I love it. And Bloodsucking Freaks is unreal and you barely even know how to take it, there is so much WRONG and almost disturbing black humour in that film that you don't know if you should be laughing or disgusted, its a classic exploitation flick! Great moments!