To you, what's the ideal running time for an album?

To you, what's the ideal running time for an album?

• under 20 minutes

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 20 to 30 minutes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30 to 40 minutes

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 40 to 50 minutes

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • 50 to 60 minutes

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • 60 to 70 minutes

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • above 70 minutes

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Depends what kind of music is it...

Votes: 25 39.7%

• Total voters
Okay I get it now, thanks. On a CD is it possible to increase quality so that it isn't able to fit 70 minutes on it?
yes. the capacity in bytes is absolute, but the capacity in minutes is just an estimate based on typical usage. You can't fit more information on there than it is capable of holding, but you can lower the quality of information and thus extend the time it takes during playback. The only thing preventing this is the abilities of certain burning softwares that regard time as absolute, when in reality it is not. Even still, there is also the possibility of slightly overburning the data into the furthest sectors.

I think 40-50 but 50-60 would do well too. Really depends on the kind of music.

Of course it depends on the music and the band. However, I can't remember the last time I listened to an album that didn't have 6-12 minute songs and the album didnt last more than an hour.

On a completley different note, I've always been against EP's. When bands put out 2-3 Ep's in the span of a couple years when they could put out a solid record. just my opinion.

I chose 60-70. I really wouldn't like a 40 minute album, because although I have tons of them and they are indeed good, they just leave me somewhat empty. I suppose if it was brutal death metal or something, short would be reasonable, but I still hate it when it ends and I'm like "Where's the rest of the album?".

As for the case of ep's, I'm totally for them. When you just want a quick fix, they're perfect. :err: :zombie: :erk: :kickass: :saint:

I picked 70+ cause if it's good I want as much as possible. The only times I don't want it that long is if it's like Dismember or somebody like that. I love them, but I could never take 70+ straight minutes of it.

It really depends on what kind of music it is. But generally I enjoy it when albums are about 40-50 minutes long. But any more than an hour is a bit too much to listen in one go.