TOP 10 WORST BLACK METAL RECORDS OF ALL TIME

^ Looks like Per doesn't know decent Black Metal then :D

Or just maybe he has a different opinion to you, just because all of us don't listen to Negura Bunget. You don't like Opeth? Cool as... we get your point, yet again Hubster, matter of opinion, there is no need for you to call us all chronic masturbating fans, if you truely hate Opeth... then why post in an Opeth-based forum where (as it is called Non-Opeth-Chat, not Non-Hubster's-Metal-Chat) at least 80% of the population actually like Opeth. What good is there in you coming here to bag out everybody's 'bad taste' (in your opinion)?

It sounds awful and is played by people who are awful at playing their instruments = pure shit. I have never had any idea why people think this genre is good music and no-one has ever given a good argument for this (at least to me).

Aaahahahaaa.

I'm sorry, you'll have to leave the metal scene, it appears you're far too refined and sophisticated for the likes of us.

Darkthrone are so much worse than anything else I've ever listened to. I don't know how many records they total at now, but it it's ten or more, that would be my top 10.

Aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha, I think I'm gonna end myself laughing!!!

Not only did I get an anonymous neg rep from someone for that post, but they left the comment:

"Darkthrone is the best band in the world."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAROFLLOLLERCAUSTROFLHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHROFLLULZ!!!!11!!1!!!!!!!!1!!!one

in absentia said:
if you truely hate Opeth...
hub likes opeth, just not GR. and hes right, just because i love mikael doesnt mean i automatically love everything he loves. i praise darkthrone for being influential, but i think their influence vastly outweighs their music

and thus i should change my mind mind and start liking it. Wow, what a persuasive argument.:rolleyes:

No, but it seems like you think that everyone that listens to BM just are tonedeaf idiots. It's quite funny that great musicians like Mike and Per likes this music even though it's worthless played by worthless musicians..

Aaahahahaaa.

I'm sorry, you'll have to leave the metal scene, it appears you're far too refined and sophisticated for the likes of us.

I haven't been "in the metal scene" since i was about 15-16. If you saw me you wouldn't think for one moment that i still like some metal bands.

No, but it seems like you think that everyone that listens to BM just are tonedeaf idiots. It's quite funny that great musicians like Mike and Per likes this music even though it's worthless played by worthless musicians..

Its a fair point. But one wonders if they STILL listen to it and if when they do, is it just nostalgia for them. If that is the case, it doesn't mean they still consider it "good music". I mean i enjoy listening to a bit of 80's bay area thrash metal now and again, its good fun, but i don't necessarily think its great music or anything.

I think sometimes people get caught up in what they believe is cool or within a scene, without actually listening to stuff properly. It just gives them identity and makes them feel special or different to the rest cos they listen to something so "out there". Im not saying that is the definitive truth, but its the only rationale i can come up with to explain why people like "kvlt" black metal. The only BM band i have been impressed by is Emperor.

What kind of music do i like?

All sorts. Depends on my mood. I like some pop music, rock, prog rock, death metal*, plain old metal, trip hop, ambient, drum and bass, house music, classical, indie, industrial etc etc etc. But im extremely selective, i really only listen to a dozen or so acts / bands from each genre, cos there are those who excel and those who are "also rans".

*limited amounts and i do realise my own argument against BM can be used against me here, but at least the acts i listen to in this genre have vocalists who i can ascertain what they are singing about. The death metal roar is more listenable to me, than that awful screeching.

Aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha, I think I'm gonna end myself laughing!!!

Not only did I get an anonymous neg rep from someone for that post, but they left the comment:

"Darkthrone is the best band in the world."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAROFLLOLLERCAUSTROFLHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHROFLLULZ!!!!11!!1!!!!!!!!1!!!one
It is kinda stupid saying a bands discography would fit on your top ten worst albums if you haven't even heard 10 albums from the band.:rolleyes:

Darkthrone have a few good songs as far as I am concerned. Transilvanian Hunger is a shit album though.

I know this sounds elitist and all, but I really do sort of feel bad for the people who don't get anything out of Darkthrone. Back when I was not immersed in the BM scene, I was tremendously moved by Darkthrone's Panzerfaust album. "En Vind Av Sorg" is still one of my favorite songs. If that song, or something like Transilvanian Hunger, doesn't move you in some way, you're really missing out. Same with a lot of other releases. Not everyone gets black metal right away. But when it does click, the first few albums you really embrace are irreplaceable.

Darkthrone and several other black metal bands made music with subtleties, a quality I find to be totally lacking in most metal. The oft-criticized drumming in Darkthrone is full of nuances that the lazy ear doesn't catch. People seem to expect all of their music to be obvious and easy these days.

Actually, I'm not. Darkthrone is the quintessential form of that sort of black metal. So, if you are unable to find beauty in Darkthrone, there will always be a big part of black metal which you simply don't understand. Which is a pitty, I might add, seeing as you have decent taste otherwise, albeit a bit uncritical at times. :)

I simply don't agree man... Darkthrone is trash, I couldn't find anything appealing in it at all. I certainly don't find that understanding Black Metal requires Darkthrone appreciation.

If anything, I find Burzum to be the quintessential expression of Black Metal and its ideology. Also much higher up the food chain in terms of importance.

Wow, what shit-slinging. What happened to respecting people's opinions? We're talking about fucking musical tastes, after all, not the laws of physics.

I don't listen to black metal that often, and it's far from my favorite genre, but I do get something out of it when I listen to it. There's a coldness and cruelty to it which is pretty exciting - like the aural equivalent of being in the middle of a raging ice storm or something. A lot of art out there exists not just to "look pretty", but to challenge one's typical state of being, and to get you to think/feel on a different level. I think black metal does a great job at this. It's some of the most 'visual' music I've ever heard, probably.

Of course you can argue that the musicianship's not that great. But a song doesn't have to be a Wagnerian opera to give you the feeling that it was meant to give. Black metal is supposed to be dirty - that's the point.

Reactions: RedinTheSky
I simply don't agree man... Darkthrone is trash, I couldn't find anything appealing in it at all. I certainly don't find that understanding Black Metal requires Darkthrone appreciation.

If anything, I find Burzum to be the quintessential expression of Black Metal and its ideology. Also much higher up the food chain in terms of importance.

"That sort", being an important phrase. Although I would say that they are just as important as Burzum. But Darkthrone pioneered and perfected minimalistic black metal, and that, you CAN'T deny.

Wow, what shit-slinging. What happened to respecting people's opinions? We're talking about fucking musical tastes, after all, not the laws of physics.

I don't listen to black metal that often, and it's far from my favorite genre, but I do get something out of it when I listen to it. There's a coldness and cruelty to it which is pretty exciting - like the aural equivalent of being in the middle of a raging ice storm or something. A lot of art out there exists not just to "look pretty", but to challenge one's typical state of being, and to get you to think/feel on a different level. I think black metal does a great job at this. It's some of the most 'visual' music I've ever heard, probably.

Of course you can argue that the musicianship's not that great. But a song doesn't have to be a Wagnerian opera to give you the feeling that it was meant to give. Black metal is supposed to be dirty - that's the point.

Damn! That was probably the best post I've ever read in this forum! Agree to100%.