Top Death Metal Albums of all time....

I'd like for someone to explain the Possessed love. Is it based on influence and being first? I've listened to Seven Churches atleast ten times... and I just cant get myself to like it whatsoever. I have a feeling if it was released a few years later, no one would even bother knowing who they were.

And... inb4alltheinsultsbecauseidontlikethem. I'm seriously just asking...

I agree with this.

I'd like for someone to explain the Possessed love. Is it based on influence and being first? I've listened to Seven Churches atleast ten times... and I just cant get myself to like it whatsoever. I have a feeling if it was released a few years later, no one would even bother knowing who they were.

And... inb4alltheinsultsbecauseidontlikethem. I'm seriously just asking...

Obligatory fuck off, kill yourself, my pals, etc...

But seriously... I like it because it's very raw and very thrashy. If you like Death - Scream Bloody Gore I don't see how you can't like Seven Churches.

To me this album defines death metal more than any other death metal album, even though it's not among my favorites, as weird as it sounds. It's what i think of when i hear the term death metal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deicide - The Stench Of Redemption
Cannibal Corpse - Kill
Macabre - Murder Metal

Deicide's new album SUCKED. no TSOR. Self titled until Scars.

Every Death album

Possessed - Seven Churches

Morbid Angel - Blessed Are The Sick, Altars Of Madness

Every Death album

Possessed - Seven Churches

Morbid Angel - Blessed Are The Sick, Altars Of Madness

Spoiler in that regard: Death albums rapidly cease being death metal!

I would agree that MA's best are BATS and Altars.

I ask because why else would someone claim all of Death's albums are worthy of being called the top death metal albums of all time? Think of it this way, if I claimed all of Metallica's albums are the top of Thrash, I would either have to be an idiot to make such a claim, or not know much about Thrash. In this case, I am assumed the latter option, I guess that is my fault then.

I ask because why else would someone claim all of Death's albums are worthy of being called the top death metal albums of all time? Think of it this way, if I claimed all of Metallica's albums are the top of Thrash, I would either have to be an idiot to make such a claim, or not know much about Thrash. In this case, I am assumed the latter option, I guess that is my fault then.

Well, Metallica isn't thrash anymore, they're modern rock now. I think that they're all classic death metal albums. And if you don't, OK.

Mort Divine said:
Paramore - Riot!

Exactly.

Well, Metallica isn't thrash anymore, they're modern rock now.

Yes, that's exactly his point. Try applying that concept to this statement:

I think that they're all classic death metal albums. And if you don't, OK.

See how that works? Regardless of their quality, Death's later releases are simply not death metal, just like Metallica's later releases aren't thrash.