Top ten bands that ruined metal in your opinion

lol you are so mad it's hilarious. why do you get so worked up? put down the Hatebreed CDs and relax. Evile sucks, Testament sucks, Municipal Waste sucks, and Pantera sucks. Get over it little man.

Evile does suck...
Testaments one of the greatest thrash metal bands of all time ...
Pantera dosnt suck, they just werent anything special...
Municipal Waste is awesome crossover party thrash...
dont even know who hatebreed is, but i do know one thing...
your definitely a tard.:cool:

TheNightsBane, you're not helping the cause, you actually are arguing like an idiot... so kindly hoop your forehead.

OH GREAT APOLLO, SEER OF ALL WHO ARE SEERS, I SLAUGHTER THIS FATTENED CALF AND POUR LIBATIONS, WINE OF COLOR CRIMSON IN YOUR NAME! OH GREAT APOLLO! MAY YOU ARROWS OF SILVER STRIKE THORUGH, the nights bane, AND FORCE FAULTER THIS BANE OF BANES.....OF BANES...

I am thankful that I was able to grow up listening to shit like Morbid Angel and Malevolent Creation instead of boring ass devolved thrash garbage like Pantera.

Yes your the enlightened one here obviously. What was I thinking ever liking Pantera for one second? I agree with most of the stuff you said about them before but your musical dick isn't any bigger than anyone else's for liking the "right" music at the "right" time. Sounds to me like you have a serious ego problem.

Everyone just listen to Ripping Corpse, Revenant, and Devastation so we can all be happy.

I swear some people make their favorite bands the more underground ones just for cool points. What's wrong with liking Bay Area thrash?

I swear some people make their favorite bands the more underground ones just for cool points. What's wrong with liking Bay Area thrash?

Or because they are better. Not everybody refuses to look into the underground because "oh no it's obscure it's clearly not as good as Exodus or Testament". I'd much rather listen to Dark Angel or Morbid Saint than anything from the Bay Area outside of Megadeth (who happens to be my favorite band, how's that for underground cool points?).

I always preferred the Death/Thrash bands that came after, or the Teutonic scene to the Bay Area scene. I donnou.

uh. no. not at all. sorry I don't like your overrated bay area trash. maybe if you went further than surface thrash you'd understand.

Maybe if you understood that without bay area thrash you wouldn't have your random underground thrash bands and you'd give them the credit they deserve.

Maybe if you understood that without bay area thrash you wouldn't have your random underground thrash bands and you'd give them the credit they deserve.

this logic is so bad I don't even know what to say other than you're a fucking tool. I don't have to like or respect anything because it influenced other bands.

this logic is so bad I don't even know what to say other than you're a fucking tool. I don't have to like or respect anything because it influenced other bands.

If there was no bay area thrash there would be no Megadeth. You automatically think the more obscure bands are superior to the more popular ones thats what I was saying, of course you don't have to like whats popular im just saying your reasoning behind it is just plain fucking retarded. Your scared shitless of people thinking your a poser. Come out of your mom's basement and don't be afraid to like bands other people like. All I can say is your faggot.

Well I accomplished that :lol:

That was actually better phrased than what I wrote, since by my logic all the dumb rednecks who listen to Pantera have a broad perspective on music and life.

But anyway, my point is that you guys hate Pantera for stupid-ass reasons which I think reveal aesthetic prejudice on your part. Who cares how dumb their fans are, how spoiled they were by mainstream success, or how much of a bunch of general dumbfucks the band members were? They wrote catchy, tight and fucking heavy music that pretty much epitomized the full potential of dumb redneck metal, much as Manowar epitomizes the full potential of retardedly cheesy fantasy metal. You may not like their style, but no one to my knowledge does that style better.

What exactly does an 'esteemed UM member' get away with that a normal member doesn't? I think if anything most people who know me here have by now adjusted to my predilection for being an antagonistic prick, and just ignore it if anything.

The reason I rarely post outside the social section is basically that I'm not as hardcore/nonstop a metal listener as those who regularly post outside social. I generally only care about a select few bands per metal subgenre, and most of the ones I care about have already been discussed to death. I don't listen to 20+ new metal bands per week because if I did I would be bored shitless by the mediocrity.

Well put man...I really need to not get on here while drunk.I can be a total cunt when i'm drunk alot of the time,sorry for getting you to explain yourself but you did a fine job might I add.

If there was no bay area thrash there would be no Megadeth. You automatically think the more obscure bands are superior to the more popular ones thats what I was saying, of course you don't have to like whats popular im just saying your reasoning behind it is just plain fucking retarded. Your scared shitless of people thinking your a poser. Come out of your mom's basement and don't be afraid to like bands other people like. All I can say is your faggot.

lol okay dude. whatever you say. try and learn something about the people you sit around insulting next time. you sound like a 17 year old kid who just got into bay area thrash for the first time.