Traditional Metal

Well we ranked Dio.. This should be interesting. How do you rank Ozzy's solo albums?

I'd go

Diary of a Madman
Blizzard of Oz
Bark at the Moon
No More Tears
Ozzmosis
The Ultimate Sin
No Rest for the Wicked

Haven't heard more than a song or two off the others

Reactions: requiem and CiG
First 3 and No More Tears are awesome. Better than the Sabbath stuff with Ozzy IMO. I need to rank them all. I would probably even put Cross Purposes above the Ozzy Sabbath stuff.

Last edited:
^dark quarterer instrumental is so good, as is the thing vilden linked.

Man, Metal From Hell's first
half is pretty amazing, top of the line stuff. But gets kinda weak after that, what do you think? Love the album though.

the first half probably is slightly better overall, but only because it's more direct; the second half really brings the weirdness, which inevitably leads to peaks and troughs. 'hell fire' is my favourite on the album, for the record.

heir apparent is THE best of the warning-era queensryche style bands IMO, better than queensryche themselves. they're a really smooth, graceful band (fitting given the title), one of very few in metal's history to be so wild and impassioned without any awkward moments. i mean, they're not super weird like some of the other bands i mentioned, but in terms of songwriting i think they show up nearly everyone.

all it takes to prove how great heir apparent are is posting a single two and a half minute song. if you aren't in love already, you don't have ears!

Reactions: Omni
Hey guys. I guess I'm going to California in October.

12509630_1730828590495734_7930429396255393269_n.jpg

Well we ranked Dio.. This should be interesting. How do you rank Ozzy's solo albums?

I'd go

Diary of a Madman
Blizzard of Oz
Bark at the Moon
No More Tears
Ozzmosis
The Ultimate Sin
No Rest for the Wicked

Haven't heard more than a song or two off the others

So glad you raised this - I love talking about Ozzy. I started a thread about him in the Old School Metal Forum but it's moving slower than Ozzy saying the alphabet.

In order from best to least best:

1. Blizzard of Ozz
2. Diary of a Madman
3. Ozzmosis
4. No More Tears
5. Bark at the Moon
6. The Ultimate Sin
7. No Rest for the Wicked
8. Scream
9. Black Rain
10. Down to Earth

How old are you again? Just curious because that song was huuge in 92-94 and they played the video for years too. I dont think i know a single person who hasnt heard it or even seen the video.

Yep, this is my experience too. 'Countdown to Extinction' was the real deal back in the day, and my thirteen year old mates and I loved 'Sweating Bullets'. Back then and at that age it was cool and interesting that he was talking to himself. I guess hearing it now for the first time with everything that's happened to metal between 1992 and 2016, it probably does sound 'goofy as fuck'.

Yep, this is my experience too. 'Countdown to Extinction' was the real deal back in the day, and my thirteen year old mates and I loved 'Sweating Bullets'. Back then and at that age it was cool and interesting that he was talking to himself. I guess hearing it now for the first time with everything that's happened to metal between 1992 and 2016, it probably does sound 'goofy as fuck'.

I heard it back then and thought it was goofy too