Traditional Metal

He likes Brocas Helm, which is extremely influenced by Di'Anno Iron Maiden musically and is not dissimilar from it vocally. He also likes other bands with singers that are much closer to Di'Anno than Dickinson.

He has specifically stated a dislike for musical qualities found on Dickinson Maiden albums multiple times anyway.

Reactions: Baroque and CiG
That Legend album is fantastic. Someone seriously needs to reissue it.

I would die and float to heaven if that happened. I had a huge conversation last year with the guy that runs Shadow Kingdom Records about it, he's tried multiple times to attain the rights but the band members mostly just want nothing to do with their old music and don't want it resurfacing.

:cry:

Reactions: Phylactery
Here's a quick and dirty list:

Black Sabbath's first 5, their Dio stuff, and some of 13.
Dio - Pretty much anything the man did, including his pre-metal works, not crazy about Master of the Moon though.
Rainbow of course.
Priest's best album is British Steel imo, some of their other earlyish albums are ok. Stained Class is good. I remember not liking Rocka Rolla.
Motorhead's first 10 albums if that counts.
Riot - Thundersteel.
I've heard the occasional Primal Fear or Accept song that was cool, never got into a full album by them.
Grave Digger - Excalibur.
Iced Earth's first album
Picture - Diamond Dreamer.

If those are your no-go areas, what's the point of even bothering with traditional heavy metal? Sounds like a waste of everybody's time.

I have some recommendations though, maybe you'll like them:

Attack's Destinies Of War
Attack's Seven Years In The Past
Simson's Delilah
Legend's From The Fjords
Sarcofagus' Cycle Of Life
Sarcofagus' Envoy Of Death

Noted. Will check them out

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
I would die and float to heaven if that happened. I had a huge conversation last year with the guy that runs Shadow Kingdom Records about it, he's tried multiple times to attain the rights but the band members mostly just want nothing to do with their old music and don't want it resurfacing.

:cry:

Well that's just silly. It's the age of the Internet, anyone looking knows it exists so it's hardly hidden. All they are doing is denying people who like that album the chance to own a legit physical copy.

I'll take some recs for ungay trad metal like Dio, Sabbath

These or anything like them is a no go (isgay):
Maiden
Angel Witch
Manowar

Judas Priest can be in either category depending on album
I don't know if you are already familiar with them, but - hoping that they are traditional enough - I'd like to recommend

Vicious Rumors - Soldiers of the Night

and

Chastain - The 7th of Never (my favourite Chastain album)

image.jpeg

For amurricans and Europeans, you guys should jump on this, great prices because the Aussie dollar is our bitch. Even with $16 aud shipping my order of 4 CDs only came to $41 USD. (With cases)

Reactions: CiG
So what else do I need from Manowar? I know a lot of their newer releases are less than great...

I've got Hail to England on the way, Sign of the Hammer and Battle Hymns. Pussies need not respond.

Into Glory Ride for sure, Kings of Metal is worth the money but not 100% greatness, and if you feel like it Fighting the World finishes with one of their best songs but the rest of the album is pretty bad. :)

The rest isn't worth it but if you must get more Warriors of the World is the only one to even look at.