Traditional Metal

Does anyone agree that Hammerfall is very Traditional Metal sounding Power Metal?
I wish Helloween would inject some more Maiden or Priest influences in their newer albums. Weiki and Marcus write some great classic sounding stuff, but then they have stuff like Are You Metal? And Where The Sinners Go that are just way too far from what made them who they are, pioneers in metal. I want more songs in the vein of Steel Tormenter, Burning Suh, and The Saints for example. Those are very classic Helloween style songs the are missing these days.

So I tend to key in on Black/Stoner/Folk more and finally dedicating some time this weekend to trad. I keep seeing on here and r/metal the same 3 bands posted over and over Cirith Ungol, Manilla Road, and Slough Feg. I've done 2 albums, but a definitive Slough Feg >>> Cirith Ungol >> Manilla Road so far. (Hardworlder is amazing!)

Reactions: Elric of Melniboné
So I tend to key in on Black/Stoner/Folk more and finally dedicating some time this weekend to trad. I keep seeing on here and r/metal the same 3 bands posted over and over Cirith Ungol, Manilla Road, and Slough Feg. I've done 2 albums, but a definitive Slough Feg >>> Cirith Ungol >> Manilla Road so far. (Hardworlder is amazing!)

Try Twilight of the Idols by Slough Feg if you haven't. It kinda crosses over into folk metal imo. My favorite by the band.

Reactions: CiG and Draehl
Manilla Road > Cirith Ungol > Slough Feg here but not by much really. Below are the best 3 albums for MR and SF since Cirith Ungol only have 4 albums and all of them are excellent.

Manilla Road - Crystal Logic, Mystification, Gates of Fire
Slough Feg - Down Among the Dead Men, Traveller, The Animal Spirits

Reactions: Elric of Melniboné

This is interesting to me, as I think most people who jump into traditional heavy metal don't start with these three bands. You should probably also listen to Brocas Helm as they're another band that is always grouped with those other three.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Manilla Road > Cirith Ungol > Slough Feg here but not by much really.

Agreed.

Manilla Road - Crystal Logic, Mystification, Gates of Fire
Slough Feg - Down Among the Dead Men, Traveller, The Animal Spirits

Mine would be:

Slough Feg - Atavism, Twilight Of The Idols, Traveller.
Manilla Road - Metal, Crystal Logic, Spiral Castle.