Traditional Metal

Spiral Castle is one of the best Manilla Road albums ever in my opinion, so I'm interested to test the truth of your opinion soon, when I listen back to the post-Don't Break the Oath material.

My gut feeling is I won't agree.

I suppose I should try to listen to Spiral Castle again because I don't remember it being specifically special.

To be honest though I feel that way about all Manilla Road after 1987. It's good enough but I don't seem to retain it or want to revisit much. I like it okay but I don't NEED it.

I think some of Manilla Road's newer material is great, like Spiral Castle and Gates of Fire (both are better than most albums after Open the Gates) but you hardly need all their newer stuff imo (even though i've got alot of it myself) much is just more of the same but less memorable).

Reactions: CiG
I'd say that when I listen to MR 75% of the time it's to put on Crystal Logic, Open the Gates, Mystification, or The Deluge. The other 25% is reserved for their earliest material, random classics from their pre-reunion stuff, and then their newer stuff.

And when I say "why bother" it's not that I'm opposed to listening to them or anything, but I'm not going to go out of my way to purchase a copy of "9" or something but if I see it cheap at a used store or something I'll snag it.

I think some of Manilla Road's newer material is great, like Spiral Castle and Gates of Fire (both are better than most albums after Open the Gates) but you hardly need all their newer stuff imo (even though i've got alot of it myself) much is just more of the same but less memorable).

This is a fair opinion, somewhat harsh but honest.

Because it's not as good as the ones in my top 5 bro. It's better than Courts of Chaos but it also contains one of the worst MR songs of all time.

tumblr_mg51ygNRXO1rlcurao1_r1_250.gif