Traditional Metal

Because it's not as good as the ones in my top 5 bro. It's better than Courts of Chaos but it also contains one of the worst MR songs of all time.

Which song? Spiral Castle is definitely my favourite of the post reunion albums.

Top five overall;

1. Crystal Logic
2. The Deluge
3. Mark Of The Beast
4. Mystification
5. Open The Gates

Kind of suprised that only @Rumpole mentioned Mark of the Beast, I'm not really a fan but it's often hailed as one of their best.

1. Open the Gates
2. Crystal Logic
3. Spiral Castle
4. Gates of Fire
5. The Deluge

Not 100% on #5 could be Mystification too.

1. Crystal Logic
2. Invasion
3. Mystification
4. The Deluge
5. Metal/Open the Gates (depending on day of the week)

I still need to get Dreams of Eschaton.

This discussion made me put on The Deluge while making pancakes for my daughter. And it confirmed that I definitely think it beats out Mystification for #5.

Reactions: CiG
Is it still expensive as fuck? I own it but never listen to it. :p

Yeah it is, I'm mostly waiting to find it cheap. I also still need The Circus Maximus, Voyager and Playground of the Damned.

This discussion made me put on The Deluge while making pancakes for my daughter. And it confirmed that I definitely think it beats out Mystification for #5.

Probably the pancakes talking. ;)

Yeah it is, I'm mostly waiting to find it cheap. I also still need The Circus Maximus, Voyager and Playground of the Damned.
I'm missing Metal and everything after Voyager.

Speaking of Voyager, I remember it being on alot of yearly best ofs on this board when it was released but I've never really liked it. Am I missing something?

Yeah Voyager is alright but one of the weaker reunion albums imo.
Kind of suprised that only @Rumpole mentioned Mark of the Beast, I'm not really a fan but it's often hailed as one of their best.
It's in my list as well, love the trippy but epic feel album has. Only Manilla Road album I'm missing is Circus Maximus.

I think it was re-released as last year by High Roller as Dreams of Eschaton, which is the "original" track list. So it shouldn't be too hard to get. The LP release by Rockadrome (I think) of Mark... would probably be worth a few quid today. I love the Jim Fitzpatrick artwork they used for the cover.

nuada-conquests.jpg

Reactions: rms
I've actually never listened to The Circus Maximus but I fucking love the reissue artwork so fucking much.

And yes, the song I was referring to was Throne of Lies. Otherwise, the album is excellent.