TRIGGER Intro Video and NEWS

Hey, AdamWathan. What if I tell you that your track can be triggered with 100% phase accurate result on default settings? And you need to do only 2 things to get this result :)

I checked this in Cubase. So I downloading Reaper right now, to check this in Reaper to be absolutely sure that it working identical in Reaper.

I'll post results soon!

Very intrigued, looking forward to your results. Should work exactly the same in Reaper as in Cubase! I found it triggered a lot more accurately when only using rim shots as opposed to using the full snare sample set, so if you can pull it off using the full set of snare hits I'll be impressed.

Already posting (I'll edit this post). Spent some time to learn some Reaper features. Doing screen shots now :)

Ok. Here it is. I downloaded Adam track (post 407). Then I listened this track and noticed that snare has a lot of low-mid frequencies in transients. This means that it'll be better to turn off HPF for this track.

I loaded this track into Reaper, opened Track Properties and normalized track by peaks. Reaper added to this track +8.9 dB. Then I put TRIGGER (with default settings) on this track. I turned HPF down to 0 Hz and press Play. As expected, I got pretty accurate result :)

This is two screenshots. First - 3 tracks in Reaper. Second screenshot - TRIGGER settings for 3d track.

About tracks on Reaper screenshot:
1 - original track from post 407
2 - triggered track. TRIGGER with default triggering settings (HPF = 0 Hz). I chose Rimshot articulation to make screenshot more unbiassed
3 - triggered track. TRIGGER with a bit tuned triggering settings (see screen shot below) for even more accurate triggering. For this track I chose Full Snare Articulation.

Pay attention, that original and triggered snares have different character, so screenshots is not main thing. The main thing is how these snares sounds mixed (and they sounds great, btw)...

reapert.jpg

triggertuned.jpg

Already posting (I'll edit this post). Spent some time to learn some Reaper features. Doing screen shots now :)
Cheers thanks man! Reading the manual again now and playing around again, starting to get the hang of it more, feel like a bit of an ass for coming out guns blazing 10 minutes after the demo was released :erk: It's working quite well, definitely the best I've tried.

Can you give us some details about the MIDI functionality? What can it do and what can't it do? Are we able to feed it a programmed MIDI snare track to trigger from instead of audio, or get it to output MIDI to use as a drum to MIDI conversion tool? I'm 99% sure yes but I just want to make sure!

Awesome thanks for that! Just wondering, is there a way to reset the controls in the Mac version? The manual says ctrl+click, but in the demo at least, neither command or control will reset the controls! Figured I would let you guys know to make sure it works properly in the retail release. Thanks again.

Can you give us some details about the MIDI functionality? What can it do and what can't it do? Are we able to feed it a programmed MIDI snare track to trigger from instead of audio, or get it to output MIDI to use as a drum to MIDI conversion tool? I'm 99% sure yes but I just want to make sure!

MIDI is very "host dependent" thing. The accuracy of MIDI very depends on how much tracks and plugins in host, etc.

As for TRIGGER MIDI-in, it always works great in every host, which has a required midi functionality. You can feed TRIGGER midi track instead of audio and it will work great.

As for MIDI-out, many hosts just have not required midi functionality, like "record midi out from FX". Some hosts doing this incorrect. For me it works great in Cubase and Sonar. Also I just tested it right now in Reaper. It's hard to record midi out from FX in Reaper, but works fine.

The manual says ctrl+click, but in the demo at least, neither command or control will reset the controls!

It works fine on my MacBook. I press CTRL and holding it doing click on control (knob or fader) with Left button on mouse. Anyway, I'll check it on our other mac computers.

MIDI is very "host dependent" thing. The accuracy of MIDI very depends on how much tracks and plugins in host, etc.

As for TRIGGER MIDI-in, it always works great in every host, which has a required midi functionality. You can feed TRIGGER midi track instead of audio and it will work great.

As for MIDI-out, many host just have not required midi functionality, like "record midi out from FX". Some hosts doing this incorrect. For me it works great in Cubase and Sonar. Also I just tested it right now in Reaper. It's hard to record midi out from FX in Reaper, but works fine.

It works fine on my MacBook. I press CTRL and holding it click on control with Left button on mouse. Anyway, I'll check it on our other mac computers.

Thanks for the MIDI info, good to know it will do what I want to try!

I got it to work with CTRL as well just know, I was using command when clicking the actual control knob but didn't try CTRL until I started clicking the value under the knob, and never went and tried CTRL on the actual knob. Works fine, my mistake!

I got it to work with CTRL as well just know, I was using command when clicking the actual control knob but didn't try CTRL until I started clicking the value under the knob, and never went and tried CTRL on the actual knob. Works fine, my mistake!

Great! :)

Cheers thanks man! Reading the manual again now and playing around again, starting to get the hang of it more, feel like a bit of an ass for coming out guns blazing 10 minutes after the demo was released :erk: It's working quite well, definitely the best I've tried.

Seems we just need to make a lot of video tutorials, or example projects for release version. TRIGGER is a kind of software, which needs learning. It's not just reading manual, but also working with different drum tracks. I think video tutorials will help a lot.

^^^
Definitely get some vids going etc.
It seems that, if it is as accurate as you guys say, then Trigger is the be all end all of sample replacement. So it's understandable it would have so much functionality and a learning curve. Reminds me of my Mark IV, 50 knobs, turn 1, and you've just changed how the other 49 react haha!

Good luck with it guys! I know I'll grab a copy if funds permit :)

I'm seriously putting off a remix of a project I did last summer until Trigger comes out - I'd be putting off an album mix if I wasn't going all natural on it, too! Cannot wait to get this thing installed with the full library and begin to start making my own presets!

I'm seriously putting off a remix of a project I did last summer until Trigger comes out - I'd be putting off an album mix if I wasn't going all natural on it, too! Cannot wait to get this thing installed with the full library and begin to start making my own presets!

+1. But, FUCKING DEADLINES force me to use my usual combo of aptrigga/Drumagog on an upcoming Mediaskare funded full-length I'm producing... FUCK.

My only suggestion with next releases is to put : HPF, MIX and Sup to another area of the form or maybe limiting the height of the transients.
Visually when you play the song you can't see the settings because the transients being so high that they cover the fonts.
For the rest, this is the only plugin that I didn't tweak that much through out the song, "one setting to rule them all" LOTR FTW lol

Hm, not sure having to wait for the whole song would be faster than converting it. For more tracks - maybe (if you set the tracks up and record all of the midi tracks simultaneously), but if it's just the kick I don't think so.

I don't think so dude, have you ever used DrumTracker? I'm pretty sure Ermz can back me up here, it would be quite a bit faster to throw TRIGGER on the kick, snare and tom tracks, set each one properly, create MIDI tracks, route everything, arm and hit record and let the song play through while recording the MIDI output from each instance of TRIGGER. It would take 5-10x longer I would imagine given my experience with DrumTracker.

DT is great, don't get me wrong, it definitely has saved me time. But it does take a while to run through each track, setting different filters for different sections (blasts/doubles, regular beats, fills, etc.). Nevermind that it is not inside of my host, which adds time right off the bat, I gotta open a separate program to do it in the first place. TRIGGER keeps everything within Cubase for me, eliminating that initial setback... then on top of that, the tracks are already there inside Cubase. TRIGGER's engine seems to be able to pick up the hits with more accuracy, which then eliminates the time I have to spend setting up filters for each track and each different drum part. Yadda yadda yadda, I could keep going with how TRIGGER should/will be more effective and will shorten the time it takes, improving the workflow overall which is something I very much look forward to.