Trying To Break Into Black Metal, But...

Lately I've been trying to get into Black Metal as I very much like the aesthetics of it all and of course it's yet another genre to expand my listening to.

Currently I'm enjoying what I would assume is on the fringes of the genre in a sort of Black + Ambient/Folk mix. Agalloch, Ulver, Negura Bunget, and a couple others.

Does "a couple others" include Wolves In The Throne Room? If not, check out Two Hunters. I think you'd really enjoy it.

As far as reasonably trve but reasonably accessible black metal I would go with Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse. This album has the blasting drums and full-throttle guitars, but pretty much anyone can get into it because it has some truly epic synth. I can't really recommend it enough.

It's already been mentioned, but Burzum's Hvis Lyset Tar Oss and Darkthrone's A Blaze In The Northern Sky are accessible albums that also happen to be among the best of the genre.

also fuck the guys who are hating on Varg, most musicians are douchebags, doesn't keep his music from being awesome. Download it if you really don't want to give the man "a cent of your money". And ignore that TDX0 character, he obviously has no idea what he's talking about...

*facepalm* at totaldeathxzero. Lurk moar.

Dick he was asking for reccs... I gave him the download list I copy pasted... Jeez. Why are people being so stuck up about my post. I gave him bands to check out. I APPOLOGIZE if some of them are flawed. I assure you most of the names on the list are bands. Above 90% at least.

Listen I APOLOGIZE. I have not had my eye on that list for a who knows how longand I was busy with college. Jesus christ. God. Is it that literal?

:lol:

But... but... he tries so hard...

(from the slam thread alone, I dont honestly think he listens to the things he recs)

Listen to this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz9Tz6h-TkA&feature=PlayList&p=DDB890A8712BCCE2&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=22"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz9Tz6h-TkA&feature=PlayList&p=DDB890A8712BCCE2&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=22[/ame]

Just gave Burzum's "Hvis Lyset Tas Oss" a listen. I found Det Som En Gang Var to be quite excellent (what a fucking evil riff...) but the other 3 songs were rather unremarkable.