ulver

I thought it was pretty amusing, actually. The board's resident black metal extraordinaire eating jailbait

affinityband said:
I thought nattens madrigal was possibly one of the worst BM releases ive ever heard. Ulver (newer) are awesome though.

I don't know much about Ulver. I found Nattens Madrigal pretty hard to listen to, but Bergtatt (the only other one I've heard) is good. I think MAYH is quite heavily influenced by that sound.

And guys harassing someone apparently female on the internet? :erk: ^1000

affinityband said:
Hahah its wonderful. Even though hes joking. Its still evidence.

Fine, but if it's someone you don't know then wtf? a massive 3-course :erk:, with side order of :erk:, :erk: for dessert all washed down with a double :erk: milkshake.

Well, to contribute my 2 cents...

Ulver are a great band. Kristoffer Rygg is a fantastic musical innovater, and lately has developed into a rather fine vocalist. In my opinion, 'Perdition City' slays their other releases (fucking INCREDIBLE chill-out record), but all of the other ones I own are good too. 'Blood Inside' is a little odd, but rewarding once you spend some time with it, 'Themes From William Blakes "The Marriage Of Heaven And Hell"' is fucking... I can't describe how infinitely awesome that record is musically. But Rygg's poor vox let it down (I almost think they should re-record the vox, it would be SOOO much better had he done it now). 'A Quick Fix Of Melancholy' is a likeable EP, with some interesting ideas, and a fucking awesome remake of a song from 'Kveldssanger', which is totally different but really really good (folky stuff, dead nice).
I don't own Bergtatt or Nattens Madrigal, but have heard both extensively. I think I may get the former, but the deliberately shitty production of the latter (how retarded is that btw? They were given the largest budget for a black metal album EVER, and chose to record on a FOUR TRACK and blew the rest on suits and a car :erk ) is too grainy for me to realistically estimate that I'll ever listen to it.
'Lychantropen Themes' is ok, but I'd only re ommend it to a die-hard really. At least, get some of the other stuff first. Haven't had much of a chance to listen to 'Svidd Neger' or 'Teachings In Silence', but they sund good.
Am I missing anything?
And also, to 'Opethxisxlove916' - please don't be frightened away from here by some morons trying to sexually harass you over the internet. It can be quite a worthwhile place sometimes, good discussion and all that. Ignore the testosterone frenzy that is NFU. All I can say is :erk::erk::erk::erk:

Lol, my wife listens to Korn and would definitely hate Ulver, along with most Scandinavian metal. Good thing I didn't marry her for her taste in music. Some people might say you should "credit" Korn for the NuMetal trend, others might say "blame".

Liquid Diamonds - what Ulver album would you recommend next for someone who likes Bergtatt and thinks Nattens Madrigal sounds more like the audio track to Texas Chainsaw Massacre than music?